[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Questions About A Ban.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello city-driving,

Yesterday as some, if not most admins are aware I received a 3 day ban for (apparently) driving on the wrong side of the autobahn and 'ramming'. Both of these were a bi-product of my car being wrecked due to a cop chase.

I accidentally crashed and were forced to proceed to the pits or 'Safe Area 2' as you guys call it. The only way to get there was to cross to the other side of the autobahn by going through a gap in the barrier.

I can see why Josh (The head of city-driving I believe) banned me as multiple users complained simultaneously due to annoyance.

I am fine with the ban as it is only two more days but I appreciate it if you could pass on this message to Josh or similar.

I also have several other issues with the rules regarding the server as a whole. Some of these include metagaming (namely the use of chat to disclose locations etc between Civilians) and police drivers continuously following civilians around (as this server is RP I believe it should match RL circumstances and scenarios).

Thanks for reading this, I do appreciate it

Regards,

Charlie. M
(2012-04-09 20:38)Cubedchas Wrote: [ -> ]I also have several other issues with the rules regarding the server as a whole. Some of these include metagaming (namely the use of chat to disclose locations etc between Civilians) and police drivers continuously following civilians around (as this server is RP I believe it should match RL circumstances and scenarios).

I don't know where you got that from, the server is cops and robbers, not RP.
Sorry for using the wrong words but I would appreciate it if you were not so arrogant. I simply meant that because the server simulates actions and situations in real life I think it would be a good idea to incorporate the rules and features listed below.

I'm not suggesting it NEEDS to be done but it would certainly improve the quality of the server. Also, considering the server and gameplay is taken very seriously (training for cops etc) that leads me to believe it is RP.

I was only suggesting some ideas... Smile
I don't understand why you don't like people knowing where other people are?
I wasn't being arrogant, I'm just saying how it is.
Just forget about bit then (look at my other points instead).

I just thought, as the admins of the server take the game so seriously (Training to be a cop, being fined for speeding, prices of cards being relatively close to the ones IRL, real techniques used to stop civilians etc) it seems to be that this server is very much an RP style server where everyone portrays real life situations. On every RP style server on PC games metagaming etc isn't allowed (cops cant type to civilians in real life etc).

I am not saying all the fun needs to be taken from the server but some more rules (in my opinion need to be added to make the game fair for everyone). As I stated in my original post, someone pulled me over for driving on the left (closest to the barrier lane) on the autobahn for most of my 'journey'. He then fined me for 'arguing'. I think some more rules need to be in place to stop this kind of thing from happening.

Sorry for not being clear, I am quite tired and I keep choosing my words badly.

Regards,

Charlie. M
Knowing someone's location is no different than real life. Be it a civilian... You can text someone "Oh HAI im here", and Police, "Sierra Tango 50, Suspect is currently heading towards Interstate Junction approaching from Highway One, Over".

Smile

Ash
@BoyPower - I said it because I thought that you knew what I ment but were being picky with my wording. Instead of saying 'I don't know where you got that from, the server is cops and robbers, not RP.' you could have asked me to clarify what I ment.
@Ash - I know what you meen but it would be nice if the police cant see what civilians are typing or vice versa. That might cause even more issues in the game, I honestly don't know but it seems like it would solve some more than it would create.

Would it possible if you could look into the ban for me (I'm not bothered about removing it) as it was my first time on the server (I just purchased LFS tbh) and I wouldn't like to see this happen again as it is very frustrating for me, more so than the people that I accidently crashed into.

Charlie
(2012-04-09 20:54)Cubedchas Wrote: [ -> ]Just forget about bit then (look at my other points instead).

I just thought, as the admins of the server take the game so seriously (Training to be a cop, being fined for speeding, prices of cards being relatively close to the ones IRL, real techniques used to stop civilians etc) it seems to be that this server is very much an RP style server where everyone portrays real life situations. On every RP style server on PC games metagaming etc isn't allowed (cops cant type to civilians in real life etc).

I am not saying all the fun needs to be taken from the server but some more rules (in my opinion need to be added to make the game fair for everyone). As I stated in my original post, someone pulled me over for driving on the left (closest to the barrier lane) on the autobahn for most of my 'journey'. He then fined me for 'arguing'. I think some more rules need to be in place to stop this kind of thing from happening.

Sorry for not being clear, I am quite tired and I keep choosing my words badly.

Regards,

Charlie. M

We're all tired. Tongue

And yes, you're right. The server has RP elements (or I'd rather say RPG) as you aforementioned, except we take it no where near as seriously as maybe you'd like. For example, we don't roleplay crashes that much, a TOW in a tow skin might tow them by ramming the victim's car in a controlled fashion, and maybe some medics with medic skins will come and watch or attempt, but that's it. I can't see the administration introducting heavy roleplay rules such as metagaming (which I am familiar with, by the way).

Basically, as I said, [TC] is a cops and robber server, and a cruising server. You can play however you choose, though, you can drive on the speedlimit and drive like a good citizen and not get involved in any chases, but other people like driving around like maniacs, getting chased and what not. It's up to you in that sense.

Sorry for seeming arrogant earlier, I didn't mean it. Smile
@BoyPower - I see now, this server only really seemed so serious when I recieved the ban virtually nothing and it being my first time on the sever it didn't really feel welcoming or made me want to go back on the server.

That is why I am here because I do want to give it another go.
(2012-04-09 21:07)Cubedchas Wrote: [ -> ]@BoyPower - I see now, this server only really seemed so serious when I recieved the ban virtually nothing and it being my first time on the sever it didn't really feel welcoming or made me want to go back on the server.

That is why I am here because I do want to give it another go.

The admins are really quite hot on Autobahn safety as one person not following the rules, or being a bad driver (not saying you're a bad driver) can cause absolute carnage on the Autobahn, potentially ruining one's gaming experience.

If you read the server rules for the next time you visit the server, you should get along just fine. Smile
I already read the server rules. I didn't infringe any of them. Me accidently crashing was the only reason other drivers were pissed off (I were in the way). If that is too much for the administration to handle then I don't know what they are doing running a server. I know it was a mistake or I wouldn't be here. I want to sort this problem out so it doesn't happen again.

'Section 1.2. Do not crash or ram other cars deliberately.' is the closest I got to breaking a rule but as I said I didn't crash or make others crash on purpose. I would say they crashed into me more than anything.

Do you understand me? Smile
(2012-04-09 21:13)Cubedchas Wrote: [ -> ]I already read the server rules. I didn't infringe any of them. Me accidently crashing was the only reason other drivers were pissed off (I were in the way). If that is too much for the administration to handle then I don't know what they are doing running a server. I know it was a mistake or I wouldn't be here. I want to sort this problem out so it doesn't happen again.

Do you understand me? Smile

Maybe make an unban request or if you don't think that's appropriate you can take it up with Josh personally?
I'll make an unban request first I think. How would I go about doing this? (I had a look on the forums and only found unban appeals and unban archive.

Thanks,

Charlie. M
(2012-04-09 21:21)Cubedchas Wrote: [ -> ]I'll make an unban request first I think. How would I go about doing this? (I had a look on the forums and only found unban appeals and unban archive.

Thanks,

Charlie. M

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2

Good luck.
(2012-04-09 20:54)Cubedchas Wrote: [ -> ]As I stated in my original post, someone pulled me over for driving on the left (closest to the barrier lane) on the autobahn for most of my 'journey'.

And what is wrong with that? Drive on the right except if you need to overtake somebody.
(2012-04-09 21:13)Cubedchas Wrote: [ -> ]'Section 1.2. Do not crash or ram other cars deliberately.' is the closest I got to breaking a rule but as I said I didn't crash or make others crash on purpose. I would say they crashed into me more than anything.

10.1.1. Driving wrong way on the Autobahn is strictly forbidden. Even during chases.

According to you, this is why you got banned.
I did not witness is but from what I understand, you crossed the AB to reach the safe zone. You quoted rule 1.2 but the interesting part is missing.

1.2. Do not crash or ram other cars deliberately.
This includes negligent and reckless driving, provoking accidents, for example blocking the track, doing stunts or doughnuts on the road and so on.

So, crossing the lane, without making sure nobody else gets endangered, can be considered a negligent act.
@KaraK - It is the reason stated on the ban list but as I said I only did it for a minute or two to get out of a big crash that again, as I previously mentioned was caused by accident (My right wheel got caught up on the barrier as my wheels were broken).

@Chuck - As I previously mentioned I only really had two options. Carry on driving down the autobahn with extremely broken steering or proceed to the pits through the barrier and to 'Safe Zone 2'.

Going to the pits was the least dangerous method and I made sure there was no traffic. (I didn't cause any crashes at this stage).

So no Chuck it wasn't negligent and/or reckless.
Why didn't you just go to the right towards safe zone 1 on a lower speed road then? Continuing on the AB was NOT the ONLY option on that point
Reference URL's