[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: A (Crazy?) Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had an idea just now and I don't know how other people will view it or to what extent it is possible..

Put simply, my suggestion is a creation for automatically changing sirens, EG From 5 to 4 on approach to junctions..

The idea would use some local insim to determine your location relative to junctions and on approach maybe the tones will switch over and then back again when you leave the junction?

I know it sounds a little far fetched at first but I thought I would put the idea out there since it is probably achievable.

- Tommer
You're right, thats crazy. And only possible with an insim app running on client-side.
Yes, I meant client side, hence "local insim"
Takes all the fun out of doing it if I'm driving on the wheel, but could be handy if I'm on KB. But then, I don't cop on KB.
Like the idea. Smile
(2011-10-18 16:08)McGherkin Wrote: [ -> ]Takes all the fun out of doing it if I'm driving on the wheel

Sorry but didn't quite understand? What you mean?

And I like the idea.
Well, I don't just use horn4 when I get to junctions, I also use it when I encounter traffic which is slow to move e.t.c., and I just like to do the hornchanging myself Tongue
Oh right..
I like to do it myself, as you can do it for as long/short as you like, and you can make it sound cool using Logitech profiler to implement 'horn toots' between the sirens Smile
Nice idea Tommer! i like it !
Doubt that will work properly, sometimes lag caues other players to hear horn #4 eventhough the cop turned it off ages ago. So i doubt constantly changing it will work sufficiently.

Imo it would be more work than use and i won't want to have another clientside program.
(2011-10-18 20:55)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]I like to do it myself, as you can do it for as long/short as you like, and you can make it sound cool using Logitech profiler to implement 'horn toots' between the sirens Smile

i don't really get it, why do people like the "horn toots" in between of the sirens? :-S
(2011-10-19 13:23)Michi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-18 20:55)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]I like to do it myself, as you can do it for as long/short as you like, and you can make it sound cool using Logitech profiler to implement 'horn toots' between the sirens Smile

i don't really get it, why do people like the "horn toots" in between of the sirens? :-S

Because LFS is fundamentally a simulator. Many (most?) people like it for its authenticity and the horn toots improve it.
hmm, when they change from horn to horn here (even tho they only got 2 settings, country and city) there is nothing noticeable in between, so i didn't know that it's like this in other countries :-D
Man up and get a script. You can make a very simple script which goes in your LFS>Scripts folder which is literally just 2 text documents which allow you to switch quickly between horns and can be binded to a button on your wheel in LFS.

Cops don't have this in real life, they have to change it themselves, so why should an InSim app do it for you in game? Tongue
(2011-10-19 15:19)Street Wrote: [ -> ]Man up and get a script. You can make a very simple script which goes in your LFS>Scripts folder which is literally just 2 text documents which allow you to switch quickly between horns and can be binded to a button on your wheel in LFS.

Cops don't have this in real life, they have to change it themselves, so why should an InSim app do it for you in game? Tongue

+1 to this. I think it'd be a cool idea if you can make it, but I personally prefer switching horns myself.
Horn toots? huh? Is that like pressing the horn button a few times fast?
They mean it like in the LFS Video there between changing the horns:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=241
If you have a wheel that can do cycling commands, its not very hard, just tell it to shift g 4 times and then add the other command shift g once (or however it is). I don't really use horn 4 for copping, I just stick with 5. The big siren sign should be sufficient evidence that there's a chase around.
(2011-10-20 04:24)Michi Wrote: [ -> ]They mean it like in the LFS Video there between changing the horns:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=241

Thats sounds anoying haha Tongue

The idea itself is nothing for me though, I like that I have to change it myself Smile
Reference URL's