[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - FFS (Unban Request Denied by BP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Come on - I was banned for 7 days?

I wasn't deliberately crashing into people - I was in a "chase" and ended up on the wrong side of the road after hitting a barrier on the right side of the road, RIGHT at the time when some people came the other way. I could do nothing about them hitting me, and was trying to get back on the "proper" side of the road but a barrier was in the way in the centre of the road.

I wasn't being malicious or intentionally spoiling peoples game by ramming them, I was simply playing the game - I even said "sorry" on the chat, but you gave me no time to explain and simply banned me.

I've been playing for ages this week perfectly within the rules after my previous issue last weekend, I want to play the game properly but come on - this is a little over-zealous to say the least and I'd like someone to reconsider my ban so that I can a) play properly and b) have some fun.

I know the rules RE: ramming, and I wasn't doing that. Please consider at least reducing my ban if you won't outright repeal it.

Thank you.
  • Moved to unban requests forum. This isn't an appeal.
  • I'll disregard the fact you didn't use the correct (or any) format, because it won't make much difference here
  • "FFS" as a title doesn't fill with me with much confidence

I have acknowledged your request
Please be patient during this review, I will reply in due course.
Yea, I was annoyed hence the title. Probably not the best approach.

Come on man, I'm just trying to enjoy the game and not spoil it for anyone else, that incident was just an accident - it was my fault obviously since I was on the wrong side of the road at the time, but it was an honest mistake due to a barrier crash, not malicious. I was right up against the barrier trying to get out of the way until I could cross back to the other side, but unfortunately people crashed into me before I could do so.
Replay: https://uploadir.com/u/w8ambft4

Crash 1 (watch from 29:17 on replay):
  • Totally your fault.
  • Caused by silly driving. Did you also ignore sirens?
  • No apology or even an attempt at one, and completely disregarding what Fiets was explaining to you.

Crash 2 (33.08):
  • Totally your fault.
  • Caused by wrong siding.
  • No apology or even an attempt at one.

Crash 3 (33.18):
  • Totally your fault. It was avoidable, or at least the impact could've been minimised.
  • Caused by wrong siding.
  • Big impact to gameplay.
  • Crash happened at ~33.22 and your binded-apology was at ~33.44. You had plenty of chance to apologise before then (e.g. when your car was almost at a complete stop and the cop chasing you was a bit of distance away). You only apologised (through a bind) when prompted to do so.

I don't believe these were on purpose, but it's already been explained to you - very clearly - that it doesn't matter about intention. It's about ruining other people's game.

You may remember part of the PM I sent you on the 4th of November:

BP Wrote:Even if you do not crash into people on purpose, it can be classed as ramming (and admins/players might treat it as such) if you are clearly driving without care or attention, and/or generally driving in a very silly manner. This can include driving on the wrong side of the road, or causing accidents constantly. I can't be sure what the case is for these reports, but the players who have reported you are fairly experienced so it must have been for a good reason.

Just to address something quickly:

woodss Wrote:I've been playing for ages this week perfectly within the rules after my previous issue last weekend

You were reported for ramming on the 5th of November. You were warned for ignoring sirens on the 5th of November. You were reported (by a very experienced player) for ignoring sirens on the 10th of November.

You will not be unbanned early for the reasons described.
OK well I'm not sure how to respond to this. Apparently the object of the game is to earn money by adhering to speed limits and rules etc, I get this.

So why have a "chase" mode which encourages someone to attempt to escape? Obviously they're going to take risks to get away which will result in incidents.

It sounds to me like the chase mode is redundant for the purposes of the game which is either "adhere to the speed limits" or "get pulled over and fined".

Very pointless to just drive around and "behave". I get the "not spoiling peoples' fun" part for sure - constant crashing into people is ridiculous.

But I believe there needs to be more balance between legitimate accidents due to chases going wrong, and people deliberately causing people to have accidents by slamming into them.

Personally I really want to play the game but I feel as though that isn't encouraged because ultimately the fun part requires potentially being banned if you attempt to get away and screw up (as I did).

Pretty poor outcome to be honest but who am I, just a lowly gamer. Nothing I can do.

Also just to add ... of those reports you mentioned above, yea... but there was a thousand other times where during the course of the game that I DID adhere to sirens, give way, etc.

You only record the bad stuff, not the legitimate play.

I feel this ban is harsh on someone trying to play legitimately.
woodss Wrote:OK well I'm not sure how to respond to this. Apparently the object of the game is to earn money by adhering to speed limits and rules etc, I get this.

The object is to cruise and/or play cops & robbers. Everyone has to adhere to server rules, but the road laws can be broken so long as the server rules are still followed.

Quote:So why have a "chase" mode which encourages someone to attempt to escape? Obviously they're going to take risks to get away which will result in incidents.

It's still possible to have fun chases without taking other people out. Accidents happen, but in your case, you caused quite a bit of mess in just a matter of seconds, and you didn't really care about it (hence the very late, binded-apology which was only issued after being asked).

Quote:It sounds to me like the chase mode is redundant for the purposes of the game which is either "adhere to the speed limits" or "get pulled over and fined".

Speed limits are not relevant to your case.

Quote:Very pointless to just drive around and "behave". I get the "not spoiling peoples' fun" part for sure - constant crashing into people is ridiculous.

You can break road laws, but they must not violate the server rules. If you don't like server rules, you're free to play somewhere else. I'm glad you realise constantly crashing into people is ridiculous, however that's pretty much what you were doing. Three separate incidents in a matter of minutes.

Quote:But I believe there needs to be more balance between legitimate accidents due to chases going wrong, and people deliberately causing people to have accidents by slamming into them.

There is a balance, but you caused three separate incidents in a matter of minutes. You weren't even being chased for one of them.

Quote:Personally I really want to play the game but I feel as though that isn't encouraged because ultimately the fun part requires potentially being banned if you attempt to get away and screw up (as I did).

The problem is that you caused three separate incidents in a matter of minutes.

Quote:Pretty poor outcome to be honest but who am I, just a lowly gamer. Nothing I can do.

You could play by the rules.

Quote:Also just to add ... of those reports you mentioned above, yea... but there was a thousand other times where during the course of the game that I DID adhere to sirens, give way, etc.

You only record the bad stuff, not the legitimate play.

I feel this ban is harsh on someone trying to play legitimately.

I think you could try a little bit harder especially because I was doing my best to help you the other day. Also, there are numerous players who have played for hundreds of hours whose admin records are literally empty.

Unban Request Denied
Please read our terms & conditions if you wish to appeal this ban.
Reference URL's