[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Weekly Double Income event on Corby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

while watching one of GT4tube's epic Epic Replays again, I came across some nice scenes from the double income event on Corby.

I'd suggest a weekly event on Corby for 1/2/3 hours on [TC] CityDriving Three where income is doubled to increase its popularity.

In my opinion it would be fun to actually use and drive a map which most of us haven't done that much yet.

The event could either take place on a fixed day or rotating, that players who for example are always away on Wednesdays can take part aswell.

We've had discussions in the past about that some people need to make "the first step" to make the server more crowded, but I think it's fair to say that this is not going to happen without some kind of incentives.

Got any comments, pros/cons etc.? Feel free to discuss.

Pros:
- More variety as of one additional track which is driven from time to time
- Connecting players more to TC cause of a fixed event - Players who would normally not drive take part in the double income event and therefore be more active in general

Cons:
- Only S3 licensed players can take part, S2 players have to remain on the usual -server which won't be full at that time anymore
- Economy - people have enough money already
- Time zone differences - as the majority of the players are from Europe the event should probably take place in the evening EU time, which would be unsuitable for players from elsewhere
- Admin presence probably required to activate and deactivate double income (not sure if all admins can do this or only Chuck)

(List might get updated after useful comments)
I just think it's a terrible track for cruising.
(2017-11-13 09:03)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I just think it's a terrible track for cruising.

I dont think we tried it with a full server, cops and robbers like the rest of the tracks?
Stop making public polls Mad
I'm all up for making a bit of extra cash during the Christmas holidays. =)
Great idea, So we make use of S3 Biggrin
I don't see why not, I know non S3 users will not benefit from this, but at the same time, S3 users gained nothing from the other track and infact I see little to no people on Corby so bringing activity to that server even for a limited time would be a blast. Smile
Hi, I like your idea :), but I don't like the track layout on rockingham on server 3 soo much..

In my opinion, there are way too many unnecessary objects that take away the driving pleasure. On the Oval Highway there is a very narrow circular traffic where you have to brake everytime because its very tight. Also this roundabout is very small and the crash barriers are much too close to it.
what I like more is this intersection
You don't hit the barriers all the time and it fits the place. Also i think the speed limit can be higher in some areas like on some side streets which you can see here, so driving makes more fun.
My solution would be to remove many crash barriers and replace them with pollers or other objects. This way driving would be a lot of fun and maybe more people will play on it but idk!! :)
Apart from the fact that the layout is not so good because there are too many barriers,
I think the idea is great
I've laid my layoutting series to rest and haitus now but.. if someone wants a revamp I could snitch a quickie..? But only if people want it done - I don't wish to take the layoutting responsibilites away anymore from the hardworking lads at TC who put in the time and effort Smile

Cheers
Yes! Don't be hate about that track and S3! Wink

Memories last year.
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=25048

Was insane..

at 5:17 Cobry featured.
(2017-11-13 09:16)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-13 09:03)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I just think it's a terrible track for cruising.

I dont think we tried it with a full server, cops and robbers like the rest of the tracks?

That's the point. We tried and failed to get it full by running double income events.

We soon realised we were trying to flog a dead horse, ie. Corby just isn't popular.
Double income for a week would be good, just like last year Smile
People love Kyoto, Then there's Rockingham which is basicly the same track, just with more inside roads. Huh.. Laugh
(2017-11-14 19:58)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]People love Kyoto, Then there's Rockingham which is basicly the same track, just with more inside roads. Huh.. Laugh

Difference is, Kyoto is much, much larger. That means the roads are longer and it's possible to get into a nice rhythm. I can't say the same for Rockingham although I do have one route which I enjoy around the infield RO1 combo.
^ What Pete said +1

Kyoto is more flowing to drive, cruise, chase and everything in general. Had a crack at Corby and it was a little small and 'chokey' in a sense. With a small confined track there's really little that can be done. It's smaller than Boringwood, even.

Probably a few highways above the Rock itself would add a little more variety and space but that's saying a lot for basically a ring with grass in the middle.

The rock would need that expansion update soon, to open the parking lots and roads behind.
i like how tight it is, could be fun to see how that works with a full server but i doubt that would ever happen
I don't remember the exact amount of players, but I would indeed say it was successful last time? I believe we were around 30 players online.

Also yes, people might prefer kyoto in general over rockingham (me too I believe without driving the latter for longer times), however the point is to make it popular/crowded at least or just during the event.

Majority of us didn't really give rockingham a chance. Who knows, some of us might really enjoy it.
Im up for any events and dont care what map is and other peopl should not care too seems like tc went silent for a bit. We really need some events to have fun most of the time people just get bored and go play other game.

(2017-11-15 19:57)Getrag Wrote: [ -> ]Im up for any events and dont care what map is and other peopl should not care too seems like tc went silent for a bit. We really need some events to have fun most of the time pe88ople just get bored and go play other game. Where is im not on s3 but I like the idea!?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's