[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: TOW/MED/RES Training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! I have a suggestion. As it has appeared, not all is well own technology of rescue(especialy fliped cars if tow have no winch). My offer is such: everyone who will pass written examination and will recive tow, medic or rescue rights, can take a practice lesson/exam (call it how do u want) at the trainer.

Why am i offering it? Because i play 5 days in week minimum and as you know, shit hapends sometimes... Crashes,flips.. And i saw very much tows,who is just trying to ram you,even do not think before that he can flip you with speed 30-40 km/h... All he need to do is to know from wich side to drive, where to hit correct and and also(main) choose corectly direction of his car(hit with front or rear i mean). But not all people understands lfs physics(and maybe physics in general).

My suggestion is to resolve this problem... Server is really cool,and if there will be cool tows,that would be cool. For this trainings is enough 2 trainers... Even alone trainer can explain everythink and also show on practice to learner.

Maybe u will say that this is bad idea,becouse nobody want to do this and also there is no trainers aviable. You don't wonna pass tow training? Ok,don't do this,but don't be sure that nobody will not report you for bad towing or somethink... TC does not have trainers? I can help you with that for free,i don't need nothing for this. Cos i like something new and also i like to learn people to do something better. Not just so I am a director of Virtual Transport Company in ETS2 MP?? ))

P.S. Sorry for so long post,and also for mistakes in language...
after reading this i kinda have to agree but maybe instead of having a tranning on that we could have a written exam on that i wont recommend having training just for that but still it still a +1 from me

Thanks regards
-Milo W00t
This has been suggested more than a few times and everytime denied, because all-around lack of need and manpower for this. Also if somebody actually rams you as a TOW, he breaks the rules and you could report him.
Not necessary; Everything is explained nicely in the manual.
Manpower is aviable for this,i told u,if need,i can make it alone,a have practice with it... Lack of need? U sure? And what about when tow is starting just ram you? Yes,i can report him... But if i will report everytime when somebody is breaking laws,i will ban half server... Didn't u think about it??? I don't wanna report,i wanna to learn people to do this correct!

One business is manual and quite another matter practice...
Training, No.. The training team at the moment are very limited to what they have free, and already struggle with getting through all the COP training (basic - Advanced is impossible).

I would recommend more of a guide, maybe a video or two on the best practises.. How and when to use ramps, when to put up a caution, or even a hazard and close the road whilst you wait for another TOW to come and help for reasons of safety.

Again these do require more effort to begin with, but I believe with the right content produced, it would be much better for people to watch a short optional video and read a small guide, than take up more of the Training team (or volunteers) time to get effective training.

As we all know we're human, so we may book a slot, then have something come up... I would rather not have more admins (mainly) away from the server over something that could be resolved in a video & guide.

My two cents in this, for your suggestion I've voted no, however I hope that we can take a little something from this thread and hopefully see some improvements on how some people choose to tow and their practises, with a guide and/or video to show them the best practises in the near future.
Reference URL's