[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: drift on track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After all it's a cruise server, suddenly people have been going mental over having a race track for..hotlapping. Hotlapping what? Those times are far from the actual LFSW times either way (unless Franky / adam start to hotlap like mad, the rest won't have a chance). smh
Should allow drifting, thats why police are. but if go too mental then admin give ban, simple
(2018-01-24 15:20)Jati Wrote: [ -> ]Should allow drifting, thats why police are. but if go too mental then admin give ban, simple

having cops rules out the point of having a track license.
The problem is Jati, police aren't allowed on track, hence why I suggested some sort of Safety/Course Car License to be implemented.
It's annoying when I'm on a hotlap and run into a drifter mid corner because he/she doesn't check the map as often as should be.

Like I highlighted earlier. There should be some form of Blue Flag signalling or recongnition for slower/drifting cars. Similar to how Airio works (i.e Car behind 10m 2.6s Give way to blue flag or BLUE FLAG GIVE WAY 1/3).

No need to fully ban drifting, but if the blue flag thing still doesn't work then by all means necessary to ensure the race track is as it should be in a track day - for lapping only.
Oh yes i forget this license system, why its there anyway its cruise server
(2018-01-24 17:54)Jati Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yes i forget this license system, why its there anyway its cruise server

People did not use the main track on Blackwood before, so why not turn the main track into something else?
(2018-01-24 12:46)MousemanLV Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-24 11:38)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]guys this is a race simulation, or a cruise server ...

Race and drift were the first one's that got picked up on LFS, cruise was introduced just later. At this point I just think you want to restrict people from having fun on this server, or is it just natural to come up with rules that favor specific people with their special needs? :/

thanks for the explanation of the gameWink

(2018-01-24 12:15)Owl Wrote: [ -> ]Titan, you're not thinking of the people that actually want to use the track for drifting. If needs be incorporate a course car/safety car license and fine people who don't adhere to the track rules.

was the hotlap introduced for drifter? more licenses? lol
Why should I think of drifters, they do not think of us either.

(2018-01-24 13:19)MousemanLV Wrote: [ -> ]After all it's a cruise server, suddenly people have been going mental over having a race track for..hotlapping. Hotlapping what? Those times are far from the actual LFSW times either way (unless Franky / adam start to hotlap like mad, the rest won't have a chance). smh

the others have no chance, ridiculous
and only for you .. there is always one that is faster than others!

hotlap is here, and almost every time I drive a drifter bothers me,

I have no problem if someone drifts but they should let me over and see on the map or in the mirror.
Here's my point of view. Whether you like it or not is fine by me but i'd thought i'd pitch in a more neutral opinion.

[TC] has been the most popular server on LFS for the better of 5 years, if not more than that. It's constantly attracting enough people to fill a server almost 24hrs a day, which is something nobody else has been able to do, especially recently.

This kind of popularity attracts all kinds of people. Racers, Cruisers, Drifters have to share the server on a daily basis in order to have some fun. I'd like to remind you, this is a game, it should be fun, we should all be enjoying taking a break from our daily lives.

If we take that into account, it should be fair that sorts of drivers be given their fair share of fun. Take every racetrack that exists around the world, they all have different open days available for drivers. I think [TC] should do the same thing when the rotation provides a suitable racetrack. There should be a set rotation with all 3 main groups in mind.

Restricting any of the drivers make no sense. I do agree that some behavior should not be tolerated and basic server rules should always apply. When you come to [TC], fun should be available for everyone.
Let's just put it this way Titan. TC are not just going to restrict drifters from using the the track, whether you like it or not. So you can get rid of your arrogant attitude
(2018-01-25 06:12)Owl Wrote: [ -> ]Let's just put it this way Titan. TC are not just going to restrict drifters from using the the track, whether you like it or not. So you can get rid of your arrogant attitude

As far as I can see the poll in this thread says differently and this community is nothing without its players. So what the most people think should be something to take into consideration. The majority does not want drifting there. I do not see any arrogant attitude from Titan. I dont understand how you can make such conclusions and comments.
(2018-01-25 06:12)Owl Wrote: [ -> ]Let's just put it this way Titan. TC are not just going to restrict drifters from using the the track, whether you like it or not. So you can get rid of your arrogant attitude

Let's try not to rule anything out yet, as nothing has been officially decided.

Maybe drifting shouldn't be banned on the racetrack then, but the rules could maybe be tightened so drifters don't get in the way of people wanting to hotlap (it's a race feature after all).
Sir Owl, I show no reaction to your statement,

TC will find a way that both parties are satisfied.
It will be difficult to please both sides (the one's that are drifting as well as the one's that are racing) as it will be heavily dependent on the drivers themselves. Restricting certain aspects of the server will just anger more people, introducing more rules that favor the race drivers will just bring even more hate towards certain people with no real reason.
Easy solution= cut track half. 1 week bl1 next week cruisebl1?
(2018-01-25 11:15)Jati Wrote: [ -> ]Easy solution= cut track half. 1 week bl1 next week cruisebl1?

IIRC barely anyone (drifters or otherwise) used the track ever since LFS updated the maps (Weston / BL), most chose to cruise in the new parts, and that didn't seem to change.

(edited this post a few times)
(2018-01-25 09:18)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe drifting shouldn't be banned on the racetrack then, but the rules could maybe be tightened so drifters don't get in the way of people wanting to hotlap (it's a race feature after all).

Yes. This is the one.

Stricter rules and some (any!) sort of Blue Flag system. Better if it can be based off closing speed of two vehicles (fast approaching slow) but anything works.
Make it more simple than that: Rules more strict, something like f.e. "Drift is permitted as long as no other cars are near-by (maintaining the drift on corners only obviously)" or something similar to that. If it keeps happening despite being warned, then forbid it, just like drifting the rb, arab drifting, etc etc (I don't like it this way at all, but it seems its the only way people can understand, sadly).
Some rules here are really pointless (not drifting the RB, arab drifting to use as examples), but the solely reason they are there is just because of people, nothing else.

If people ACTUALLY LOOKED AT THE MINIMAP and behaved properly on and off the race track we wouldn't be discussing this to begin with. It's not there "painted".

Some drifters just go at it without giving a damn about everyone nor anything near them, and only because of them, the rest pays the price.

Ps: And make the race license a real test instead of just a R&U.
^
Ghutra has a point here. Rule enforcement should be put in place when there's such a "big issue" and when other players cannot follow some basic common rules.

Maybe some sort of drift sessions where you would expect to have drifters on the track, could also be put in place, this way a mix between drifters/hotlappers could be avoided.
Very interesting thread.

Basically, drifting can be done on the whole map.
Racing can only be done on the racing track (simply beacuse certain cars can only be driven there plus other reasons)
Why does the drifter need to go on the racing track for drifting? RolleyesRolleyesRolleyesRolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

The race track was surely designed for racing, considering all these features with hotlaps, splits, WRs etc.

Here's a good ingame example of how it looks like:
A fast car tries to go for a PB, driving racing lines. A drifter is ahead and obviously you don't want to cancel your whole hotlap, so you are trying to not do a too wide line around the drifter, staying as close to the racing line as possible.
Now you approach the drifter, who does a sudden, kind of unexpected turn to the right and you scratch them.
The outcome? URS warning for the racing car for "dangerously overtaking" and not apologizing.

Point is not to discuss this warning, just pointing out the problem of the current situation and showing that (IMO) something needs to be done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's