[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: MED channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I've got an idea, why not create a channel only for the MED like !c for the police, to warn the med that the hazard sign is put on or something like that, the cop can also see and speak in it. That gonna be good and avoid the flood in main chat. W00t
An !em (for emergency) channel for both MED / RES could be OK. At least I can't really think of any disadvantages.
Well im thinking when a lot of med or people are speaking and a difficult situation was here, that can be good for talking with your mate (same like cop channel) with different color then you can easily see who put the hazard sign, who put a ramp etc etc. And cop can see it too (because cop can respond to a call too).
Sorry in advance for my bad english
It would be nice to have it, could use the Police call in SOS then !em Road closure needed at Police call...

Or to even discuss simple stuff, like why there were 300 cautions on 1 car, as a lot of that stuff gets missed from main chat.

I'd like to see it added, as long as it isn't abused by people talking random rubbish and kept to the channel topic (like !c is 99% of the time)
Seems like it may as well get added. +1.
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=18184
Something similar has been suggested. I like the idea, +1 from my side
+1 from me!
An Emergency channel would be good to help everyone work together. Seems like something we should have done ages ago. +1
I thought this was suggested several times in the past, I see at least 2 related threads mentioning something similar. +1 from me.
I am really wondering way this isn't implemented yet since: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=18184 - http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=14983 - http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...hlight=tow - https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...?tid=23674

And everyone has been saying it's a good idea.

Edit: Just realised this was a old post.. but it is still relevant tho
First:
Code:
!channel emergency
Then:
Code:
!ch <message>

Works for 1 channel at a time though.
I mean that works, but I'd much rather have !ems (message) and !e (message) for short, because I have people that I talk to with the channel system, and I can't afford to abandon them to do it.
I'm all for a EMS/Med ETC ! chat, providing people actually use it... It's rare that people actually work as a "team" which is that they are, instead it tends to be a lot of crowding around 1 car and letting traffic come past at 100mph with no care for anyone's safety.

And whilst Gyunters suggestion is a simple one whilst there is no specific chat for the EMS, I along with many other people would not want to leave the channel I'm in every time I do that side of the RPing, it becomes repetitive to do !channel all the time.
It also can add a feature to MEDs/RESs that TOWs cant have, in the features of both.

The emergencies communications is a great idea, Would love to see that.

+1

I'd rather see a !t standing for !tow.

Reason being in essence Med and Res response is still in theory towing because it involves the victim's car in the end, and very rarely do you see people actually roleplaying and pretending to be injured/dead.

!t/!tow would cover the channel in general and enable all response vehicle types to converse with each other and arrange stuff better.
(2019-01-10 08:19)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather see a !t standing for !tow.

!t is already used for translating text to English.
+1 on a channel for emergency services.

I just had a quick idea i'm gonna throw here without much thought to it:

Similar to !x for cops in chase, there could be a channel for all units assigned to the same call. Responding cops would be in it as well.
(2019-01-10 12:31)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]+1 on a channel for emergency services.

I just had a quick idea i'm gonna throw here without much thought to it:

Similar to !x for cops in chase, there could be a channel for all units assigned to the same call. Responding cops would be in it as well.

Exactly this, doesnt need to be more than that.
Normal chat wont be cluttered, and use !r (for response) or !m (for med) to talk.

Maybe (if this isnt too technical) it could be possible for insim to recognise who is on what call and make it different colours?

so messages for Call 1 is red text
" " " Call 2 is blue text
etc.
That sounds good at first, but is most likely way more complex than we think and imho not really „worth“ the effort. As emergency calls are technically over as soon as one arrives at the scene. I see alot of issues following up.

+1 to the !em channel though.
(2019-01-10 17:14)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds good at first, but is most likely way more complex than we think and imho not really „worth“ the effort. As emergency calls are technically over as soon as one arrives at the scene. I see alot of issues following up.

+1 to the !em channel though.
It woud be pretty usful in kyoto or for bigger crashes tho.
go go !em channel
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's