[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Bez's USA Layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I'm currently having a play around trying to make a driveable USA layout.

I'm looking for ideas and suggestions of what you guys would like to see around the layout.

Planned ideas:
  • Gas Stations
  • Raised Highways
  • Oneway Roads.

I've already scaled out a 1:1 US intersection (needs more lights added):

[Image: HYUGgwp.png]

[Image: Sy9y2DQ.png]

Constructive criticism welcomed!
Hmm, looks really good. Like converting the big carpark into a USA-style roadsystem? Would be pretty interesting.
Very interesting job Bez. I really like how it looks by the way.
The only small issue it's that you're close to walls on the right, so I think that the whole awesome juncion need to be a bit centered.

Apart from this, anything, very good job. Maybe a kind of parking can be good Smile
What're your like, full plans for this? Making it easy to drive fast or?
Nice one Bez! Looks neaat there Tongue

Although, I have one slight (not critic) concern, and that's to do with the object limit, and your plans on raised highways.
Vano Prav has already done this, also in US layout format. It took him 11k objects to properly erect a highway, thus I'm not sure it's fully possible to make, unless the size of this project will just be around the main WE carpark, then maybe just a short highway will suffice.
Also, the geometry of the carpark means there is a slope of about 10 degrees decent from highest point to lowest, would one side of the on-ramp for the highway have to be in a curved fashion somehow? Would look sweet Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-OmVOBQhwo
Vano's version

I've also finished (sort of) my UK version that goes around the container yard at Blackwood. It's an extension of the industrial city, looks kind of like England. If you don't mind, I'll share mine so we can collaborate somehow, if you're interested.

Cheers

[img] (inserting images of my version later)
But only 2100 objects limit.....
I hope you don't do raised highways, the concrete in LFS is not nice to drive on.
Reference URL's