[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Insim covering map?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly I'm not sure if this is the right section but I would class this as tech support so we'll see how it goes Tongue.

My map is covered by parts of the insim and for the life of me cannot figure out why this is..

I have a 16" full hd display running at the correct resolution, and LFS is also running at 1920x1080.

picture

If anyone can suggest ANYTHING that might help, please do.

Thank You.
If you are talking about server insim then this is how it has been designed, and you are unable to move it.
(2018-03-15 19:36)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]If you are talking about server insim then this is how it has been designed, and you are unable to move it.

I understand it cannot be moved I was just curious if anyone had any suggestions as to why for me it does what it does?
Insim buttons cover the map for everyone with 16:9 resolution. I'm not sure how it look with other resolutions, but I can guess it's not really better.
Its the same for everyone I believe. Even for me with an ultrawide 21:9 ratio. LFS doesn't use the extra room sadly Sad

[Image: JggiRo7.png]
(2018-03-15 20:23)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Its the same for everyone I believe. Even for me with an ultrawide 21:9 ratio. LFS doesn't use the extra room sadly Sad

[Image: JggiRo7.png]

Rip my dream i guess. On a slightly different note, thats a sexy dash, is that an lfs lazy addon?
Na its just some public textures:

https://mega.nz/#F!SNtRxKRD!egFMW9KpT9c5s9zlEZXQGw
Since the latest minimap update, the maps are a bit of a pain. My solution is to stick the clock/fps gauge in the top right, which forces the map down below the insim. Can't exactly remember where to get the clock/fps gauge on the top right but it's in the display options somewhere I think: Options > Display.

Look for clock/fps gauge options and there should be an option to put it on the right, voila.

The space left by the insim in the top right is for the clock/fps gauge widget so we designed it with this exact fix in mind.
(2018-03-15 23:42)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]The space left by the insim in the top right is for the clock/fps gauge widget so we designed it with this exact fix in mind.

That's what I was going to say.
Found the options you need to set:

Display > Frame rate display (fps): right
Misc > Show time instead of FPS: yes
Idea: Could the SO InSim be modified (by you guys) and move the speed limit sign insde of of the "ring" i.e. nearly next to the HOME button?

Same happens with Blackwood, where the sign covers part of the straight.
Reference URL's