[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Reasons why you should try Live for Speed in VR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I've been meaning to make this video for a while, since my job involves Virtual Reality and I've recently been able to pair this with my love for sim racing by purchasing my own Oculus Rift.

I hope this video gives you more of an appreciation of why the devs opted to spend so much time implementing VR in LFS and I also hope it gives you the itch to try it yourself.

If after watching you have any questions, or anything else you'd like me to explain, please leave a reply or drop me a PM and I'd be happy to advise.

I'm no good at video editing so it's just a 1 take clip. I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Excellent video Pete Smile
Nice video Pete, it must be great feelng! I would love to try LFS in VR mode, sadly this VR equipment has enormous price here, it costs lke 1,5 of my monthly salary and i cannot afford this. Also my PC is not compatible with VR so that is another investment. I hope sometimes i can try this out on my own.
It is a beautiful presentation and nice video for VR.I had a chance to try VR as an experimental person on university but the games were not a about racing.That was feeling good.I am sure with race simulations that will be perfect.I agree to Jacob about price.Maybe I can buy VR equipment but I need to buy compatible PC and It will cost high.I hope a powerful computer falls from the sky.
Beautiful video, Pete! I have a Oculus Rift DK1 and I've tried it with LFS before. I still haven't got fully use to it yet but I might get use to it a bit more and possibly look in upgrading the headset in the future Smile
Cool video, actually made me interested in VR
Great video. I really do want to try VR, just the cost of it is quite high. Guess I will have to invest at some point haha
Needs more rolling. Nah is good, looks kinda fun in a sense.
I didn't buy a VR capable PC and headset overnight, I knew I wanted one so I saved up for months, upgrading my PC first and then buying the Rift once all that was done. I bought my Rift primarily for work, and buying a Rift or Vive purely for gaming is going to leave you disappointed because of the lack of supported titles. If you're only interested in simracing or other cockpit based games that support VR, then I would say there is enough good software out there that supports VR to make it worth it right now. You just have to decide which headset to get and what upgrades you need to make to your PC to make it possible.
Awesome vid. I haven't the cash to dedicate to VR right now but it's inevitable I'll be all over this in future!
(2018-04-08 18:59)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome vid. I haven't the cash to dedicate to VR right now but it's inevitable I'll be all over this in future!

For starters, it would probably be great for you to stop being inactive. Biggrin
(2018-04-08 20:04)Spark Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-08 18:59)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome vid. I haven't the cash to dedicate to VR right now but it's inevitable I'll be all over this in future!

For starters, it would probably be great for you to stop being inactive. Biggrin

I'm sure he'll be more active when Scawen is more active...
Not inactive m8
Reference URL's