[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Octavia Replacement (for a Volvo)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This probably isn't the advice you're looking for, so feel free to ignore it, but you do not want to buy a once expensive car on the cheap, which Volvos never were. The more extras the thing was born with, the more delicate and frail components you'll have to potentially go bad when the car gets old. That, coupled with generally high mileage and potentially abusive owners and you're setting yourself up for grief. This isn't exclusive to german cars and diesel Volvos definitely aren't exempt.

If you want a cheap and reliable daily runner, get a basic Toyota. If you don't want basic, you'll have to raise your budget.
At least here in the north, Volvo's are considered similar to Toyotas, simple and reliable. Never heard of diesel Volvo's having troubles and I've been around many.
Volvo is good cars
Toyotas are reliable af, A friend of mine has got an Avensis with 650k on the clock, 0 problems since buying it brand new, you should consider one if they're cheap where u live
(2018-04-23 05:53)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]Volvo is good cars

I retract my previous statement. Jimmy's point is, as always, completely bulletproof.
I had a V50 1,8 2006 with 165km's on it. Not a diesel as you would've wanted but worked like a charm with no problems at all. Simple, good car for going to work and back home again.

Good size too, easy to park but can still haul yer drunken friends from the pub! (I swapped that for an E-mercedes and i fear.. oh boy i fear.. RIP wallet)
(2018-04-23 10:56)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-23 05:53)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]Volvo is good cars

I retract my previous statement. Jimmy's point is, as always, completely bulletproof.

Mindblown

Thanks for the advice Juntu, will consider that engine as well, have to see what economy I can get out of it

(2018-04-23 15:01)Juntu Wrote: [ -> ](I swapped that for an E-mercedes and i fear.. oh boy i fear.. RIP wallet)

I wonder how Rasmus is getting on with his! Laugh
I do think petrol engines used by Volvo supports well E85 too. Consider it an option, here the E85 is as cheaper as LPG while there's no loss of power, the only drawback is that you need to refuel a bit more often (it burns a liter or two more in average).

Had some flashback of my dad's 440 GLE using only E85 Tongue (but it was a Renault petrol engine though)
Every single car has its own problems as they are uniques. As Leon said you are buying used premium car(BMW, MB, Volvo) for cheap, so theres a big chance something expensive is going to break at some point, as nothing lasts forever and part which never breaks for 10000 people may just break for you. Thats one of the reason i love BMW, if i need guide for repairing ANYTHING, i can find it. If i need very expensive part which usually doesn't break i could get one from salvage car/community member for cheap.

My exprience with Volvos are from trucks and from one 2000 V70 2.4 which is way too front heavy and isn't anywhere enjoyable to drive.
Sorry for the huge delay in responding everyone. But I did listen to advice from the likes of Leon and others in terms of upping my budget...

Nice car, Owl!
Funny you say that Nick, it's an Ex-Motability car.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's