[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Sydney New-Gen Layout (Nova's Really Good Circuit Layouts) 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
+1 from me too. Absolutely brilliant job!
Looks good, but maybe add RB into your poll and then re-collect? Would be interested if the majority would prefer the RB to the 3-way junction.
Roundabout smeg

[Image: giphy.gif]
(2018-05-26 13:21)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, but maybe add RB into your poll and then re-collect? Would be interested if the majority would prefer the RB to the 3-way junction.

Will do. Seems that RB is a popular option, interesting to see a 3-way poll go down!
Will drop a couple more hours into this over tonight, maybe come up with a "Hybrid Roundabout". Possibly one of the last tinker and till before I have to put my designing brain cells to rest for my VM diploma. Cheers @Brad @Bez Smile

Watch this space for an update!
Presenting the all-new Hybrid Roundabout!

[Image: 284d430cc2232f930a9e5590dee81e01.jpg]
[Image: 7675ae9c68faa627d535e6573dc07cd8.jpg]
[Image: 35490dc8156d4996121780a7986ca0df.jpg]
A highly requested return to tradition for Sydney, for those whom prefer a much simpler intersection! (Thank you for the persistence, as a designer I had to cave in sometime Smile )

The roundabout is still the kid on the block, but with a few changes! As was in the flyover and the new 3-Way Junction, people loved the concept of being able to carry the line through streets without being stopped too much.
Thus, this roundabout hybrids along with the flyover, in a sense; where there are sliproads maintaining the trajectory of a street, without the need to bypass through the obstruction (in this case, the roundabout!)

This will hopefully encourage more people to continue the path towards Medera Bend and up the Freeway - which, now is a full 2 laner, for your cruising pleasure!

As for the roundabout itself, I have managed to widen the width of it compared to the original, whilst keeping good enter/exit points. Big signs give even amateurs enough time to choose a direction, and big lanes make passage less of a squeeze!

Attached below is this version of the layout with the roundabout. Knock yourself out and head to the poll..... below!

Now, it is time for YOU to vote!
[Image: 27f8180864642fee32db99de5a802830.png]
https://www.strawpoll.me/15771785
Head to the poll above to cast your vote! Go go go!

And if you haven't taken the tour of the place, do check this out! (3-Way Junction version)

Cheers!
Nova
p.s
I am completely neutral for all 3, as I don't have a favourite now. Shit! This will surely be a close one. Can't wait for the result!
I quite like that roundabout, especially with those bypasses. +1, probably would work better than the junction imo
I prefer the fly over personally
I prefer the roundabout over the other suggestions you've made in this thread.
Your layouts are great and I've yet to dislike anything you've created, Nova, but I'm always hesitative to support them solely due to how unbelievably arrogant you come across in every thread you compose. The not so subtle belittling of everything that's been done in the past, including what you base your improvements on, is downright disrespectful and there's no way it's not on purpose.

I'd rather see a change in that prior to any future layout amendments.
(2018-05-27 12:44)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]Your layouts are great and I've yet to dislike anything you've created, Nova, but I'm always hesitative to support them solely due to how unbelievably arrogant you come across in every thread you compose. The not so subtle belittling of everything that's been done in the past, including what you base your improvements on, is downright disrespectful and there's no way it's not on purpose.

I'd rather see a change in that prior to any future layout amendments.

Yeah, Leon. I'll try to tone down on that in time to come. Been coping with the diploma (3DS, Adobe, Studio) and when something goes wrong with the layout it freaks me out honestly since I strive for perfection most of the time.

Will keep that in mind and hopefully approach things with a calmer head, not just here but in the servers to; in which I've noticed a change of behavior myself.

I do hope however that this won't affect the introduction of the potential layout and the subsequent feedback. Thanks for your support Smile

//
Current live poll result
European Roundabout - 81%
US Junction - 13%
UK Flyover - 6%

Roundabout is taking this by storm, loosely followed by the Junction and the current Flyover design!
You can still make the difference! Poll is live and I encourage you to place your vote!
Ok.
Always wanted to say what Leon said, just never found the words.. best of luck with your layouts though, ngl I do like them..
Live Poll Result as of 30/5/2018
European Hybrid Roundabout : 54%
3-Way US Junction : 37%
British Flyover : 9%
Total Vote Count : 57

The return of the roundabout is taking this by storm, followed by the Junction and trailing a lonely 3rd being the Flyover. Interesting!

Polling closes in 1 days time (31/5/2018, 2359)!
Cast your vote if you have not!

for admin note
Final layout (everything touched up) will be attached at the closure of the poll
Final Count Poll Result as of 31/5/2018
[Image: 7f99f2215d3adea4ea20b981b13f38f5.png]

With a large total vote count of 69, I thank everyone for participating. The end result was certainly exciting, with the Roundabout taking the clear win, 18 votes (26%) ahead of the Junction and the Flyover - who is now relegated!

Poll has been closed and any additional votes will not count.
https://www.strawpoll.me/15771785/r

//1 Additional

A new feature has also been added onto Highway - a new linkway that connects up to the Pitlane Bridge that rejoins on the opposite side of the road. Making use of the side "3rd" lane in the highway!

[Image: c09eccee0315162886cfc63713313fc0.jpg]

It features a on-ramp that merges eventually with the off ramp, enabling a driver to make a safe, non intrusive U turn. This is especially important for Rescue units, and of course for chase suspects.

The off ramp has been fitted with a kerb ramp to prevent wrongwaying, which was one of the annoying reasons how users abused the bridge.

This will hopefully encourage everyone who wishes to take a sudden U-turn to death on the highway to utilise this linkway, and prevent the need to make sudden Us via the "wrongway rejoin wall gaps" and right into oncoming traffic.

//
Attached below is the final layout, with the chosen intersection; Roundabout, for New-Gen Sydney! Have a spin in it and tell me what you think!

And if you haven't taken the tour of the place, do check this out! (3-Way Junction version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQjcQc5epx4

Cheers
Nova

for admin note
Attached below is the finalised layout, and no further changes should be needed I think. Give her a test run, and if there are any bugs, I will try to fix them! Smile
To be honest, I'm a bit unsure about the validity of your strawpoll results.
Your thread's poll, if I'm not mistaken, was created around the same time as the thread itself - the 12th of May. During that time, 40 votes were cast.

In your strawpoll which has been going since the 26th of May if I'm not mistaken, there have been 69 votes (29 more than the thread), which I find quite unlikely.

I'm not saying you've meddled with it, but I'm sure individual players have voted twice or more.
Man.. if people voted more than once, that's not nice.. was planning this to be a fair vote because I'm sure me and others wanted to see the 3-side go down to the wire.

I guess we'll have to take the poll with in a pinch, but even so it seems that flyover isn't really likened anymore.

I myself was kinda shocked after waking up overnight to see the poll rocket so quickly lol
I did however pump the link on Discords (the TC one and SO). Maybe people there who wern't previously aware of the main forum thread came over here to vote on the strawpoll.

Shame, but anyway definitely an interesting outcome and I hope it was something everyone wanted Smile

p.s
strawpoll has the IP check on but I'm not sure how one can double vote however
@Chuck @BP

Any followup? I hope this is in evaluation Smile

I've noticed your version of my Hybrid roundabout is in place in the server, abiet roughly done; I hope it's just temporary.

Cheers
Nova Wrote:@Chuck @BP

Don't forget Dracula

P.S, I don't really deal with layouts unless there's a pressing issue with them. Which I don't feel there is at this point.
Ah, Yes, Drac. Oops haha

Alright, noted with thanks.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's