[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: A new and strange idea at the same time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have some ideas that I will put you to vote in choosing the automatic map of the bot programmer connected to the server lfs Automatic changes Map without bringing the same supervisor from the same people in the city driving Thank you W00tThumbup1Thumbup1Thumbup1
If we had that, then the most popular map would likely be on all the time. How we currently have it setup on a rotation ensures that each track is on for an equal amount of time.

Good suggestion however!
I agree with Ash here Smile
Wait, do you mean a vote for the next track every time it changes or a program to automatically change the track to the next on rotation?
YES YES
If you mean a vote for every time the track changes, unfortunately this won't happen as we have a schedule to make things as fair as possible (what Ash said).

If you mean an automated system for track changes, it could be good but I'm not sure how hard it would be too make, and changing the track once a week isn't that big a deal.
In LFS with its lack of content, we need variety to "refresh" a bit every week. This vote system will end up choosing Kyoto or Montana (Aston) forever. Not counting the "team-up" of X players to vote Y track, or disrespecting/insulting others for choosing Z track instead of Y.

The Track Rotation Schedule we have now is fair, giving every track (except Autocross for obvious reasons) a chance to appear every month. Plus HwA mixes it a bit more with its RoadWorks.
I think you gave one suggestion but it can be broken down into two.

Voting for tracks is not really fair because at some point the same track will always repeat due to favouritism. Like everyone went through above, thr current fixed rotation keeps variety as the constant.

However, your second part of the suggestion is quite interesting. I'm sure automatically switching tracks using InSim without the intervention of an admin will definitely cut down on manpower needs and be less of a hassle. An example is B2Rs S3 server, where the server goes to pit after the race end, people vote (we can't have this) for the next track on a GUI, then the track *automatically changes* and everyone can ready up.
What could be done is there could be maybe a 5 minute warning prior to race end, then followed by the pit grid screen, then an automated change of track, and then everyone can ready up.
(2018-06-18 00:41)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]I think you gave one suggestion but it can be broken down into two.

Voting for tracks is not really fair because at some point the same track will always repeat due to favouritism. Like everyone went through above, thr current fixed rotation keeps variety as the constant.

However, your second part of the suggestion is quite interesting. I'm sure automatically switching tracks using InSim without the intervention of an admin will definitely cut down on manpower needs and be less of a hassle. An example is B2Rs S3 server, where the server goes to pit after the race end, people vote (we can't have this) for the next track on a GUI, then the track *automatically changes* and everyone can ready up.
What could be done is there could be maybe a 5 minute warning prior to race end, then followed by the pit grid screen, then an automated change of track, and then everyone can ready up.

How would this work with chases?

Administrator Message by: TAZxx

2.5. Do not post in threads which have had no new replies in the last 30 days.
Warning level has been increased.
Reference URL's