[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Limit speedtrap to one per hour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

A simple suggestion to limit the amount of speedtraps for a cop to one per hour to avoid cops who only speedtraps and doesn't contribute to the copping.
Voting NO on your own suggestion...brave.
(2018-06-26 15:44)Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Voting NO on your own suggestion...brave.

[Image: that-wasnt-me-that-was-patricia.jpg]
We had speedtrap contest today and it was fun. BIG NO! Besides not many cop speedtrap anyway.
Nah, its funny to see how many people get triggered over such a petty thing then what lengths of they go to to remove them, nudging cops, parking infront, complain. Its a good laugh.
Voted No. Speedtraps remove money from the system. They are good for everyone Smile
In general speedtraps are used in a legitimate way, places with high speed and accidents - As mobile speed cameras are in real life.

Any sort of limit in my opinion is completely useless, it is proven that they work (even if for 100m) at slowing the traffic down and reducing accidents. There's a simple fix, don't want to be caught out by the camera? Don't speed it is literally as simple as that... Even if you do want to speed, the system should follow as, 1. Get caught. 2. Slow down by that spot until the speedtrap is gone. 3. Repeat.

Voted No, why change something to benefit illegally speeding drivers on a Cops'N'Robbers server when in general cruisers have it pretty good already.
Don't think there really is an issue so i've put a no. Not many speed traps around these days. I think everyone knows it's boring to just sit still so when they do do it it's not for long usually.
Vote: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Should new speedtrap system. What Bez said.

Cop Parking + Manual speedtrap = chase and fine = more realistic than auto speedtrap with money, you wont get reward money make no sense so annoyed and troll such bad.

Should new speedtrap system without fine money, just auto-laser speeding get send to any cop driving find then chase and fine..

My English alpha version sry gg.
I'd rather had a hammer with the words "the autobahn is not a race track" on it and hit people with it on the head until they have understood.
(2018-06-27 05:30)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]Vote: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Should new speedtrap system. What Bez said.

Cop Parking + Manual speedtrap = chase and fine = more realistic than auto speedtrap with money, you wont get reward money make no sense so annoyed and troll such bad.

Should new speedtrap system without fine money, just auto-laser speeding get send to any cop driving find then chase and fine..

+1 Good idea.
(2018-06-27 05:30)GT4tube Wrote: [ -> ]Vote: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Should new speedtrap system. What Bez said.

good idea +1

This is how it should be, instead, it takes money from suspect, and goes no where
+1 to having auto-laser and notification to COPs to initiate chase
From time to time, COPs lase and send it to COPs chat, this idea could make it easier.
Sky Wrote:This is how it should be, instead, it takes money from suspect, and goes no where

I think money being pumped out of the system is actually a good thing.
I suggested something similar before that would make both sides happy. Because current radar system is toxic. It really is.

(2017-09-03 21:41)SIMOX Wrote: [ -> ]Basically 2 kinds of speedtraps:
  • Free to deploy - Visible to everyone by little sign (similar to caution)
  • 500~1000 Eur to deploy - Unvisible but detectable by Radar warner.

Now visible speedtrap would encourage people to stop speeding by not annoying people who might not want to get fined by a huge sum. (Just like there are roadsigns of speedtrap ahead IRL.)

Unvisible would work the same way except that COP's laser wouldn't get deleted if a suspect passed the radar. Visible radar wouldn't delete the laser either.

Now if someone got speedtrapped they wouldn't get fined right away. It would accumulate in their profile/police database/etc. until it's payed. So if you have 2000 Eur total in speedtrap tickets you would have to pay only half of it.

If you don't pay it yourself, the next time police caught you for bad driving they would make you pay it. And you would pay all 100% of it. Also the cops might get some % of it.

There could also be some sort of Most Wanted list of people with most unpayed speedtrap fines.
(2018-06-27 17:01)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
Sky Wrote:This is how it should be, instead, it takes money from suspect, and goes no where

Ever thought about increasing car's prices? I mean, kinda off-topic but probably a better, simpler and more accepted solution rather than praising the speedtraps for removing money outof the economy.

On topic:
I am pretty neutral, got used to that by now that people tend to speedtrap even more when you get annoyed about them. However, will never understand how a cop enjoys sitting in front of his screen, seeing how his own speedtrap causes money loss to others while not gaining anything. As of that, it's of no surprise that my InSim world shows "Time spent speed-trapping 0 mins".

Top 10 XP Cops btw aka kinda most active Cops:
1. sergey29 0 minutes
2. bowler 3 hours
3. razrulz1234 2 minutes
4. smirkysmoke 0 minutes
5. 9xxadrianxx9 0 minutes
6. vertti7 0 minutes
7. 3losh 1 hour
8. garypants 9 minutes
9. pusicdrift 8 minutes
10. camerontinkler 9 minutes

I am pretty sure stats don't count for too long, just after it's been introduced into users stats, maybe a half year ago? Still showing that under the most active cops speedtraps aren't really popular/used aswell.
-----
Oh and +1 to GT4's suggestion
Speed traps are realistic and all, but no one likes restrictions and payments.

Having a lot of money flowing between players is okay whereas having a lot of money but in a stagnant state (or completely kicked out) is not very good for the economy, GT4s suggestion is ideal.

Voted for restricting cops ability to set traps.
There's a simple solution :

Just don't speed everywhere? Or, if you see people ahead of you get fined, or if you get fined at a certain spot, don't speed through it again?
I keep seeing people getting fined repeatedly and then going on a rant about 'oh man why is this cop trapping (at this place)'. It seems dumb, doesn't it.

Like what Chuck said, taking money out of the system (circulation) is good because there is lesser opportunity for rich(er) people to abuse their cash flow to do silly things. And it kinda helps even the gap between the poor as well, even how small the difference it may be.

People vote for 'restrict trapping'. But then when it gets implemented, and those people return to Copping, then they start rambling on about why it was a bad idea removing it and that it should be put back in place. And then once it is back people start arguing about how to remove it again (like what is happening now).
Why can't we all just take it as it is and face the fact speedtrapping is a normal everyday thing irl as well, and that we just have to live with it? I'm sure everyone here has got a sum of cash in the bank at least, and a few trap fines won't hurt. I don't see any newcomers commenting as well, so I don't quite see the point of 'people who are well off' suggesting ideas.

[TLdr]
Trapping is good. and,
If you are rich enough that a fine or a couple of fines won't render you broke and homeless, don't comment to remove trapping, just vote 'Yes' and see how your Yes Brigade outcome is.

p.s I don't speedtrap everyday and very often at all. I just get the tilt out of people raging in server over something that can easily be avoided.
Oh noes! A wild speedtrap appeared on a main road/highway! You have 2 options:

A: Take alternative roads (or use that same road if no alternative roads are available -like South City-) or respect the speed limit (recommended to do such both when a speedtrap is set or not) and you won't get fined. Can't get simpler than that.
B: Stay on that road, get fined and then cry about speedtraps.

"hurr durr noob cop speedtrapping"
The only time I ever speedtrapped I just did it to see how TC turned into the Pacific Ocean about it, and men those 5 mins was a laugh...

I agree with GT4's suggestion more
(2018-06-27 17:01)BP Wrote: [ -> ]

Thats one oft the most important points in my mind.

And the other point is: Stop whining about speedtraps.Glare
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's