[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

As my old headset, a Turtle Beach PX22 has been broken recently I needed to buy another headset. However this time I decided to put quite an amount of money, and here I am, with this headset:

[Image: hx-features-headset-cloud-alpha.jpg]

Available here: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/fr/headsets...ng-headset
Its release price on the market was a solid €100 and hasn't moved since then.
It is the successor of the eponym HyperX Cloud II and it is a mid-range gaming headset.
Compared to the older version, the Cloud II, the headset is a stereo one unless you buy a soundcard which is available on the official website. It'll give you some other advantages such as a better sound volume settings (voice communication and desktop sound) etc.

All I can say about it with a few days of intensive usage compared to the PX22 is that:
-it is really comfy, wearing it for hours don't bring headaches compared to my older PX22
-nice isolated
-pretty light, feels natural while wearing it
-low and mid range bass is fairly nice, only high range sounds would be a little too loud in my opinion but already nice compared to other headsets in its price range. Also less sound distortion compared to the old ones and especially compared to the PX22.
-lots of accessories available (can be found on the official website, not included though)
-pretty easy to configure, plug and play (unless you've been using a USB headset before which will need a bit of configuration to get the mic working for example)
-removable microphone in case you'd like to use it anywhere else than your computer, or if you'd like to transport it.

I'd truly recommend this headset if you'd like a solid, nice gaming headset in a price range of about €100. Logitech has good alternatives though, with customizable settings (logitech profiler) and has also some nice little things but as I've tested a fairly amount of headsets from Logitech I do prefer HyperX ones.
Reference URL's