[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: TCLights versus Defender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Yesterday, Windows Defender blocked me of using TCLights because it contains malware (Trojan Zpevdo.A). It has to be a false-positive. As far as I know, I'm not the only one with this problem. Restoring the file from the malware history list works temporarily, because Defender blocked it again today.

This forum post is only meant as informative message because it describes the problem and a temporarily fix.

Regards, Wouter
One way to stop the antivirus from complaining is by making an exception for TCLights, follow this >guide<.
I got the same issue, both Avast and McAfee are complaining since today. Both blocked the download link and the .exe file.

http://prntscr.com/khn4no

Should be a false-positive;
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/b6f5ca.../detection
Same here, Avast quarantined TCLights for some reason, and it's weird because until today the program was running as usual.

The oddest thing is that I scanned the program with both Avast and Malwarebytes and both say it's clean, but Avast says it has something ONLY when executing it/trying to extract it... But then if I try to extract it to the LFS folder, it says it's infected with Win32:Malware-gen, and the download link is infected with "URL:Mal" therefor it's blocked by Avast.

Maybe Avast is just going retarded mode, because I can't find an explanation of Avast not detecting anything when analyzing it, but it detects the "infection" if I try to extract it/execute.

Edit: VirusTotal shows 22/58 detecting an infection when analyzing the zip, whereas the link is clean.
Eset gives me no problems, although Google does try to block the download and windows marks it as an unsafe program. You can work around both of these though and then you have no problems.

Its 100% a false positive and you can google how to add exceptions to your own antivirus software.

Edit:

Other viruses like to latch onto programs and hide undercover in legit programs. So although the original program may not be unsafe a virus could leech onto it. Do a full PC scan in safe mode if I was you.
(2018-08-12 21:36)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Other viruses like to latch onto programs and hide undercover in legit programs. So although the original program may not be unsafe a virus could leech onto it. Do a full PC scan in safe mode if I was you.

Correct, but it is strange that multiple people has issues since a few days.
I believe that it's just a simple case of more things being added as virus/malware and obviously not [TC] Lights itself, especially as nobody has received any virus like symptoms...

And before anyone says that virus' can sit and do nothing for a while, stuff like [TC] Lights will work in a similar way to a keylogger, detecting button presses and recording them (as would be needed to activate the siren etc).

If it was a Virus, Elmo would not be personally fighting it with many different anti-virus companies.
(Sorry for lil bump)

Decided to try out a few mins ago, and everything runs fine, (I updated the virus definitions before, altho I wasn't thinking of trying at the time I updated it, so idk if it changed anything, but maybe it did) and the link works again.

So ye, it was just that. (At least for now. I'll keep an eye in case anything happens, tho I think it shouldn't)
Reference URL's