[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Server One/Two track day cycle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

Blackwood track changes to cruise track one time, and a hotlap track the next time. I can see almost all are driving on the old blackwood cruise track

[Image: xk2rO0X.png]

When track day comes back users go back to drive in the new part of the map. So i would like to suggest make Server One to cycle exactly how it's doing, and Server Two to cycle the opposite way, meaning if server one had cruise layout like now, Server Two becomes track day for who wants to do hot laps.
Server One can remain exactly how it is, Server Two for who wants a track day during cruise days. When track day comes for Server One, Server Two can be for cruising/drifting.
Not a bad suggestion. I'll see what our members make of this idea and post back soon.
+1 since I like both track day and cruising on a track layout.
yes i agree +1
Sounds like a good idea at first, and i don’t hotlap too often myself, but im not entirely sure if i‘d really support that. Sometimes people need to be forced to their happiness and to some variety. Implementing this would probably lead to the cruising streets and storage yard barely being used again. And eventually it might get boring, but everyone just stays where everyone else drives around. Its like having Kyoto next to Sidney.
I guess Trackdayserver would be empty most of the time and barely anyone would switch servers to hotlap on an empty server(at least i wouldn’t). While I hop on the racetrack every now and then when its availiable. I could imagine the trackdays(both BW and WE) only being on every third time the track comes up though. Tending to vote no for now.
Why though? If server 1 is full people would miss out on the layout that's on server 1. I feel like it's good the way it already is. How it is currently will keep Blackwood more interesting since they have a different blackwood coming every rotation.
(2018-08-21 07:15)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]I guess Trackdayserver would be empty most of the time and barely anyone would switch servers to hotlap on an empty server(at least i wouldn’t). While I hop on the racetrack every now and then when its availiable. I could imagine the trackdays(both BW and WE) only being on every third time the track comes up though. Tending to vote no for now.

As we know most of users are join server two for AFK or driving alone because we know it is empty server in general so most of players are join the main server such as Server One for many players, let's talk in general we all know we are copping, cruising in the main server TBH.

(2018-08-21 12:30)Riho Wrote: [ -> ]Why though? If server 1 is full people would miss out on the layout that's on server 1. I feel like it's good the way it already is. How it is currently will keep Blackwood more interesting since they have a different blackwood coming every rotation.

we all driving in the main server which we are trying to join server one for copping, cruising TBH.

[Image: kCYWsMu.png]
(2018-08-21 14:26)Alex. Wrote: [ -> ]we all driving in the main server which we are trying to join server one for copping, cruising TBH.
Okay, but what if you can't get to server 1? You spend 3 hours (exaggeration) trying to get in and you still can't get it? What do you do then? The thing is there is no need to change the way it is currently, nobody gets left out.
(2018-08-21 12:30)Riho Wrote: [ -> ]Why though? If server 1 is full people would miss out on the layout that's on server 1. I feel like it's good the way it already is. How it is currently will keep Blackwood more interesting since they have a different blackwood coming every rotation.

Server One can remain on it's cycle, exactly how it is. But for who wants to hotlap, can join Server Two, it can cycle the opposite way of Server One.
Current system is when Blackwood loads as cruise mode, as it is now, next time it loads as hotlap mode. It can remain how it is, for Server Two, as he said the AFK server is to cycle exactly the opposite.
Even if people miss out on Server One, how many would? for example 3? as the picture above? no problem group of people can cruise on the new section, if there are people whom are not AFK and wanting to cruise. Come on now using 2 servers for cruising to support the few people who wants cruising only? Tongue

(2018-08-21 14:41)Riho Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, but what if you can't get to server 1? You spend 3 hours (exaggeration) trying to get in and you still can't get it? What do you do then? The thing is there is no need to change the way it is currently, nobody gets left out.

Who says no need? a lot of people wanting to hotlap, few people want to keep it as it is which doesnt make sense just because few didn't get to join on 1.
i would certainly spend some time on the hotlap server and tbh the less people to get in the way is better, people and noobs want to cruise on server 1 then go for it. Less people get in the way of the people wanting to hotlap/race about.
agree +1
We're going to trial this idea.

Suggestion approved.
Your suggestion is likely to be implemented soon. When this happens, the changelog will be updated.
Reference URL's