[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cutting down on spam email?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moderator Message by: Kyle

I won't bump this thread, but in case anyone was wondering I made a Gmail account. One reason for Gmail is that I have an Android device (Google Pixel) so it integrates nicely with it.

Also, I use more Google services over Microsoft (e.g. I use Drive and not OneDrive)

This is probably down to personal preference but I hope this helps anyone - I'm gonna keep my Hotmail account for anything non-essential (e.g. stuff I will rarely use again / non-trusted sites). Thanks Smile

Hi all,
I've had my Outlook email address for years now but I kepe getting spam email constantly which, for some reason, Outlook isn't good at filtering. I'm not on about newsletters, but on about shit like this:

[Image: LejNz2i.png]

I don't want to start a new email address as I've had my Outlook for years and it would be a pain in the arse to set up all the websites I've used. Sad

Any ideas?
You can try adding yourself to spam prevention sites and stuff like that, however stuff like that is bulk sent I assume by programs to emails.

Also, the majority of the damage will have been done before now, through T&C's of places you've used your email address where it has been stated your email address and stuff like that can be sold on.

Your best bet would be to set up a new email address and change it on websites and stuff you frequently use and keep the old email as a backup and to get into sites you access rarely.
Live with it, or just create a new email. Outlook spam does a good job for me though.
Just realised that Junk Email options are disabled

[Image: STnRZ0v.png]

Mellow I'll try enabling them and see what happens. I might even consider making a new email address, tbh. Thanks everyone Smile
Only way i've found is not to sign up to useless crap online. as most will sell your info on for $$$

Administrator Message by: Carl

2.5. Do not post in threads which have had no new replies in the last 30 days.
Reference URL's