[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Computer doesn't recognize iPhone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm running Windows 7, have the iPhone 4 and the newest version of iTunes.
So here's the story:

When I plug my iPhone in, it starts charging, it opens iTunes and I can hear the 'device plugged in' sound from my computer.
Though when I go to 'Computer' (Start menu), it doesn't show my iPhone. All I see are my C: and D: drives.
Also, when plugging in my iPhone, windows doesn't give me the option to import files or view them.

I'd like to import photo's from my iPhone, but I can't because of this.

I've googled stuff, but nothing I found worked.
Anyone who has an idea?

Thanks!
~K
Isn't it something with that you can only access it via iTunes? Or was that just on the older iStuff?
That's funny. I encountered that exact problem with my LG Optimus 3D yesterday and i dont really know how to make it recognise the phone, so any help here might help me as well Wink
I have it too with my HTC Legend Sealed Lips Win XP, though
(2012-04-28 18:06)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it something with that you can only access it via iTunes? Or was that just on the older iStuff?

Afaik you still import files via regular folders, at least that's what I do on my iPod Touch 4th Gen.
You should be able to move regular files on an iAwkward device.. so I don't know what's going wrong there - Edit - IIRC in iTunes there's a 'use device for mass storage' option or something along those lines..

Ofcourse if you want to drag and drop things like music onto it and expect it to play them on your device without some kind of third party support you're out of luck Tongue
I don't know with iDevices but when I plug my HTC Desire S into my computer it comes up with a small menu(see picture below) where I can choose how to connect my phone to the computer.

[Image: 1V6-Jl5vW]

The two at the top means Recharge only and the other means connect as a drive(?)

Edit: Picture should work now
Pic not working. I have checked that nothing shows up on the pc or the phone though.
(2012-04-29 09:08)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]*snip*

Yeah, that's an android thingy.
1) - Connect iPhone & close iTunes
2) - CTRL+ALT+DEL
3) - Services Tab
4) - Click Services at the bottom right
5) - Find "Apple Mobile Device"
6) - Right click, restart service
7) - Restart iTunes

Et Voila.
Reference URL's