[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Multiple Fines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think cops can fine suspect's for multiple reasons. Imagine someone driving 140km/h at 80km/h place on wrong way and he caused and accident. For which reason will we be penalized? Speeding, ww or causing accident ? I think it should all of them. Finelist be like market list and we should select more than one. In that situation, He should pay 200 for causing an accident, 120 for speeding and 75 for ww. In total 395.

Also one more thing. when someone speeding much and his fine more than 300, he pay less money when he stops after 45 second. Thats why his minimum fine after 45 second should be his speeding ticket if his fine more than 300.
EE3 Wrote:I think cops can fine suspect's for multiple reasons. Imagine someone driving 140km/h at 80km/h place on wrong way and he caused and accident. For which reason will we be penalized? Speeding, ww or causing accident ? I think it should all of them. Finelist be like market list and we should select more than one. In that situation, He should pay 200 for causing an accident, 120 for speeding and 75 for ww. In total 395.

I don't think having fines stack is a good idea really. Just choose the fine you think is most appropriate/serious. In this case it's causing an accident.

Quote:Also one more thing. when someone speeding much and his fine more than 300, he pay less money when he stops after 45 second. Thats why his minimum fine after 45 second should be his speeding ticket if his fine more than 300.

Did this actually happen recently? That should've been fixed a while ago.
Yes it still happens. We try that.
That's a bug then, I've notified Elmo and Chuck.
That always worked for me since the fix. Iirc even if the suspect pits or disconnects the low and suggested fine were adjusted to the amount of the speedingfine.

I dont think an accumulation of fines is necessary or worth the effort. Just pick the biggest fine and if possible high. 300 for causing an accident is fine imho.
1. I would like to see an actual case where the wrong fine was issued (name/time), as I thought this was fixed some while ago.

2. As for the "summing up" part: There was once a note somewhere (in the rules?) that stated that fines must not be summed up. The highest one will be it.
And there is a simple explanation: Imagine someone fleeing from police is likely to speed, drive dangerously, carelessly and so on. It would be quite unfair if all those fines would be put on top of the actual chase fine.
While talking about fines, on Kyoto there's a little "bug" where you can laser a civ on the oval (autobahn) close to exit to the Beach, the fine is higher than as it is supposed to be as of different speed limits (120 kph AFAIR instead of 160 kph on the oval).

Next up: If someone leaves the server during a chase, I believe suggested fine is the one which is used automatically. However, you might want to high fine him for several reasons, which is impossible then. Considering that disconnecting the server during a chase is not allowed anyways, I'd like to see it increased to high fine.

Lastly, on topic: I also think that if someone has a 360€ speeding fine but fails to stop suggested and low fine are 300€ after like 1 minute. Would need to test it to be 100% sure.
Yes Dino you are right. If suspect stops immediately after 45sec (chase begins) the Low and Suggested fines are capped at 300 and High fine is at 360 or 340 I think.

So in short if someone gets a 350£++ fine it would be theorically better for them to initiate a chase then stop after the cond.2.

The fine should include not just High, Suggested and Low, but also the original speeding fine should the suspect been lasered before the chase begun.
That is a different suggestion to OP but is I think far more crucial in terms of people "abusing" the system.

Back to OP, I do not think there should be multiple fines, as once that is allowed there would be chances for stray cops to take advantage of this and stack fines for fun for unsuspecting victims. Also increases the likelihood of incorrect or excessive fines and more arguements in game as well.
I would just (use brain) and choose the most appropriate fine given the scenario.
Scenario1) So if suspect was driving Wrong Way, and caused an accident...
causing an accident itself was the result of a extremely dangerous action (ww) and the overall fine should be chosen as "Causing An Accident" and cop in chase should decide for herself whether the suspect's WW was excessive, and whether the resulting accident was huge or not. Based on these two mitigating factors only then should the final fine be issued (would be Max high fine under Causing an Accident).

Scenario2) If the Wrong Way was very subtle (i.e just 5 feet to pit station, or something similar) and the resulting accident was just a small love tap, the cop has to use his/her own judgement to choose a fine, which should be lesser than Max fine in this second case.

There are so many factors to consider in a fine; for example the first scenario, the suspect did a dangerous wrong way on autobahn and caused a huge crash and pile up. In theory, yes, Max fine under Causing An Accident is the most suitable. But if the suspect was forced onto wrong way at high speed by another car, but chose to carry on wrong way for a few yards - how would the cop fine the suspect now?

It all really falls on the cop and her own judgement. Cops should have the mental capacity to be able to read the scene as it is unfolding and draw a conclusion on the spot. The cop should also have enough humility to pick the correct fine and not always the highest.

When fining as a cop the fine type should always (respectfully) be the end action/result of a sequence of fineable actions from the suspect.

There is no need to stack fines. Its just too messy.
Reference URL's