[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Issue with LFS graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, so I recently got back into LFS and noticed that my game looks like absolute garbage. i have all the settings maxed out as much as possible and i even installed a high res texture pack to the game, but still with no success, my game looks like shite.

inside the quotes are some screenshots from my game, look at the jagged edges in the distance. does anyone have any idea how to remove them or fix it? i never remember LFS looking this bad.

Quote:[Image: OfiiFGw.jpg]
[Image: 9pKifdP.jpg]
[Image: vvpLbSa.jpg]

thanks in advance!
LFS has always looked terrible IMO - try turning on 'post shader' in misc in LFS settings?
Under the Graphics tab (under Options), is everything maxed out? Could you maybe show a screenshot of your Graphics tab?

I do have to say that looks fairly standard. LFS are working on improved graphics.
I'm pretty sure you need to turn on antialiasing to get rid of these jagged edges (Options -> Graphics -> Full-scene antialiasing - the more you set the better it should look, but it will require more computing power then, you can also enable Mirror anitaliasing if you want). I don't think you can do anything more to make it look better.
As stated in the post, all my options are fully maxxed out (including AA)
One thing that i've noticed is, when I enable post processing shaders, I completely lose the full screen AA option, only mirror AA remains.
[Image: ujD6z2b.jpg]
Maybe I've just grown too much accustomed to Assetto Corsa on very high settings, who knows.
But looking at youtube vids and screenshots from other people, the picture doesn't seem that bad at all.
You're playing with the best graphics possible, then.
Is that e fresh install? I think some very old texture replacements dont run properly anymore as some sizes have changed. I also recall a problem when switching from lowres to highres(maybe due to these changes). Try original (and lowres) textures.
I had the same problem, maybe this could be in your case too, idk but try it.
I have NVIDIA graphics card and after installing it, I noticed that in every game even if I put Antialiasing to x8 or x4 there was no antialiasing at all. Under my graphics driver settings I found that Antialiasing was turned to off. So even if I enabled it to e.g. x4 or x8 it didnt apply it because in my graphics settings it was turned off. I dont know what graphics card you have, but try to research if this is turned off or on. If you know its not the problem then ignore this.
The antialiasing in LFS is horrid. I let Nvidia Control Panel override it and also add DSR to furthermore smooth those jaggies out. (Be warned you're going to lose some FPS if you're running a low-end system.)

[Image: M6pz0oc.png]

[Image: 2ZtD6K4.png]

Edited to the correct settings Smile
I have a feeling my system is doing the same. Thanks to bringing it to my attention and thx Bez for showing screenshots of what to change. Smile
Before:
After:
In the Nvidia control panel, select 'Let the 3D application decide'.

Bez's settings made no difference for me.
Did some tests. My settings I posted actually made the antialiasing worse. You must select "Enhance the application setting" and not "Override any application setting"

I noticed using no settings and "letting the 3d application decide" caused blurry ground textures and the track wall text (Rockingham). So the Anisotropic filtering at 16x helps with sharper/clearer textures.

Right-click the images and open in new tab to see the differences.

My old settings (Click to View)

No settings (Let 3d Application decide) (Click to View)

My settings W/ Enhance the application settings (Click to View)

Hope that's cleared things up Biggrin

Before anyone asks, I'm using Reshade for the vignette effect and colour correcting.

"Horrid"
You know whats horrid? Antialiasing on Intel HD
Mad
Alright lads, thanks for the multiple suggestions, will be trying them out. I don't think low FPS should be a problem for me as I run a 1050Ti 4GB version. Also the install is a fresh version.

Edit: After trying out these settings, it did make the problem much less visible, thank you to all!
Way too much contrast for me not good for my eyes.. I have post processing shader turned on but it's much better than this xd
Less is definitely more.

[Image: LFS2018-11-2016-04-35.png]

[Image: LFS2018-11-2016-06-02.png]
Oh wow Ren, any of that for public use?
Looks way better in my opinion, Renegade Smile
So the reflection mod/shader is from here on the LFS forum.
As for everything else, there are just some subtle colour grading (saturation and vibrance tweaks) and levels (contrast, offset brightness and gamma) that I've set with reshade. At the moment these are private but if I ever get around to releasing all my stuff I'll let you know Smile
Reference URL's