[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Request to remove URS entry from my profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just noticed I was issued a URS warning for towing a car that was in chase.
I don't know what accident the admin meant, I have towed a few cars yesterday.

But the question is, how should I know, especially on a small map South City, that the suspect is being chased, if I'm not the suspect and I'm not a cop? There're siren blinkers literally 100% of the time on the screen.
1. There's always a mess on the screen on South City
2. I'm not playing on TC for a first day and I know the rules. I also know, what I get for breaking these rules.
3. Why the hell should I tow on purpose a car that is being chased, may I ask an admin? Because that's what I was issued a warning for.

A cop has lost the chase and did not earn 300$ virtual insim money because I've towed unintentionally his suspect? Sorry, I'll compensate 600$...
Since you are not banned, this should not be in the Unban Request section. It will be moved to Server Administration tasks.

The confirmable warning was issued by Tupex here: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...?tid=30200

Please talk to him about this first in PM, and if you're unsatisfied with the outcome you can take it further.
I have no result talking to the admin who issued this warning.
This situation is being looked without context:
1. Noone told me directly the suspect was in chase: I see sirens linked to cop cars, but not to the suspect
2. The suspect himself asked for help
3. Cop said something illegible ("don't") to the whole chat first, then to the wrong person
4. I did not see a cop around because I was 100% focused on towing

I'm sorry for bothering you, but I'm unsatisfied with the outcome at all. I've asked to remove entry, described the situation and promised to be more careful next time. Vainly.
Why do I need to be taught not to TOW suspect in chase if I'm playing here for 10 years and know all the rules and punishments? I don't need to.
Some members of management will take a look at this. You can expect a response within the next few days.
Hello,

Management have reviewed this case. We have deemed the warning justified.

There were several fairly obvious indications that the user you were towing was in a chase. For instance, not too long after you saw this user flip, a cop came around the corner and stayed near to the suspect throughout. This cop had audio sirens on (the entire time), and would've had an InSim sign as well (e.g. "SIREN"). Whilst the cop could've made his "don't" messages clearer, it is still your responsibility to assess the situation before towing someone. Also, since you were (in your own words) 100% focussed on towing, it would have made no difference.

We do not believe you intentionally broke the rules. You simply should have paid much more attention to the situation. This warning should simply serve as a reminder to be more aware in the future.

Just as a note, if there were no signs whatsoever that he was in a chase, this would be dealt with differently. However, that can't be said for this particular case.

Thanks for your time,
BP on behalf of [TC] CityDriving Management
Okay I got your point, thanks for your time, I'll pay more attention next time. Sorry for bothering, again. This may be closed, I have no claims anymore.
Cheers.
Reference URL's