[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Need some advice - Computer Science
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am currently starting to make a rota system for my Computer Science project. I am struggling to grasp the basics of PHP and MySQL. I was wondering if anybody knows what the best materials would be to help me learn the languages so that I can program with them without a lot of difficulty. Hopefully they are not too expensive.

Thank you,
Lose
When i did computer science at school i used a website called codeacademy. I cant quote what languages they cover and if all of them are still free but give it a try Smile
Cheers Carl, unfortunately just found out the PHP course has been discontinued, but found it on youtube Tongue
When I learned PHP and MySQL last year school advised me to buy a license for Lynda.com. I know its expensive for individual users, but maybe you can find the right PHP course with a free version?
Thanks Roy, gonna look into this. Looks promising already!

EDIT: Got a 1 month free trial so will give it a go for now! Smile
(2018-11-24 16:46)Lose Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Got a 1 month free trial so will give it a go for now! Smile

Good luck Smile
How did it go Lose? W3Schools also give quite a good overview of PHP
Reference URL's