[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: XP and hits in chase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi was thinking about the many times someone gets hit while someone is being chased and i came to think. the !sorry system already exist. but what if this system was automated if your car is in a chase, meaning that the one being chased and most likely is the one causing mayhem by wrong siding etc. and cause accidents or damage to other cars. if the !sorry system was automated and activated after the *CHASE* activates on screen, that would perhaps also get those doing so to not do so so often. im aware many likes the chases and all, but i think it could be more real this way.

2:
was thinking about the XP . they arent really used for anything are they?
so my thought was to put that into use for the upgrading of police officers maybe? so you would need a certain amount of XP to advance yourself as cop or could be as MED or other too. thos e you can buy a license for perhaps.

not sure how the entire police system works. but this i think could add a bit more to reality feel. and also would give some meaning to XP.

i dont go here much on TC forums. so i dont know if suggested before. sorry if it has.

i also would like to point out to TC. i think those constructions are pretty cool and also somewhat unique. i think thats a good thing and also how i pictured objects being used in editor. i would to that suggest maybe on longer stretches of road could make something simular to a house or likewise, so scenery changes more from the vanilla looking tracks, which again would create more life and feel to that specific lyt. the "ground" lyt doesnt have to change at all. i would also like to see more bridges and tunnels even maybe (editor made). just a few thoughts i air here.

regards wiz.
1. I think automated !sorry is simply a bad idea. The InSim can't just assume which person was at fault, and no one is obliged to pay compensation, ever.

2. XP shows (generally) how experienced someone is at playing that particular role. I don't really understand what you're suggesting there. If you're suggesting ranks, that exists for police. There is no rank for RP roles because numerous roles can gain RP (including cops).

3. 'Houses' would take up a lot of objects and they would look pretty out of place IMO. Bridges seem to be controversial (some people don't like them at all) and shouldn't be overused in my opinion. Layout-editor tunnels do not work well because I think it blocks your view if you're using follow view.
(2018-11-28 16:04)BP Wrote: [ -> ]1. I think automated !sorry is simply a bad idea. The InSim can't just assume which person was at fault, and no one is obliged to pay compensation, eve

thats why i suggest it to be in "Chase" mode. because then insim dont have to choose at all. only the suspect.

(2018-11-28 16:04)BP Wrote: [ -> ]2. XP shows (generally) how experienced someone is at playing that particular role. I don't really understand what you're suggesting there. If you're suggesting ranks, that exists for police. There is no rank for RP roles because numerous roles can gain RP (including cops).

yes but is it even used for anything else? and where to see how much XP you got ? what i meant is , if cops got graded or whats it called, promoted maybe. to next level. this could be determined by the XP gained. i hope i explained that a bit better?

(2018-11-28 16:04)BP Wrote: [ -> ]3. 'Houses' would take up a lot of objects and they would look pretty out of place IMO. Bridges seem to be controversial (some people don't like them at all) and shouldn't be overused in my opinion. Layout-editor tunnels do not work well because I think it blocks your view if you're using follow view.

could also be objects of some kind you just pass by on the road to nowhere. like you know those flower pots on WE? simply stuff like that ,that changes the feel of tracks without changing the track or "base" LYT itself. but could give drivers a completely different feel of a track. im not good with editor otherwis i would love to show what i mean. basically what im on about here is new things you simply pass by while driving. could be anything really. i do understand what you say about tunnels and bridges. i see that too. but i also see them used if put in the right places and made well. but yer its a debatable thing i guess.
Automated sorry shouldn't be a thing even for suspect. Rammers can still wipe the suspect out and there comes another problem with your suggestion.

For houses, I'd rather spend the objects making the map layout more refined. A nicer map to drive is better than a nicer map to look at.
Quote:thats why i suggest it to be in "Chase" mode. because then insim dont have to choose at all. only the suspect.

Still a bad idea, not all crashes are the suspect's fault. I don't think you've thought this through.

Quote:yes but is it even used for anything else? and where to see how much XP you got ? what i meant is , if cops got graded or whats it called, promoted maybe. to next level. this could be determined by the XP gained. i hope i explained that a bit better?

See stats here: http://world.city-driving.co.uk/
Ranks are determined by XP. You don't seem to be suggesting anything new here.

Quote:could also be objects of some kind you just pass by on the road to nowhere. like you know those flower pots on WE? simply stuff like that ,that changes the feel of tracks without changing the track or "base" LYT itself. but could give drivers a completely different feel of a track. im not good with editor otherwis i would love to show what i mean. basically what im on about here is new things you simply pass by while driving. could be anything really. i do understand what you say about tunnels and bridges. i see that too. but i also see them used if put in the right places and made well. but yer its a debatable thing i guess.

Well, stuff like flower pots are placed by LFS itself, and are not in the editor. The only things we can place are e.g lines, tyres, cones, ARMCOs, barriers, and they should have a purpose.

1. No system will ever be perfect - and I'm sure that an automated !sorry will just cause many issues.
  2. I don't understand the XP bit?
  3. Too many concrete objects really look ugly. I'm not a fan of bridges either but they can sometimes be useful tbh
Reference URL's