[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: RELEASED Nippy Setup Pack VIEW THREAD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UPDATE:
Setup pack has been released, please view below this thread for the download link, if not, click on this link
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid269334

Thank you!

[Image: JBSZDbg.jpg]

**yes this is horrible promo poster it's 1AM
"dude wtf is this" my reaction ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"Fwank set is the best always"
"dude wtf is this" & "wtf this is awesome"

Looking forward to it Thumbup1 Thumbup1
Pack? it's sound?
@Nova which is my sentence xD cuz i said multiple of these xD
hehe.. I'm rocking the XRT set Smile
Due to work and travels Nippy set release will only be released 24/12/2018 before Christmas.

If unable to upload set onto this forum, will be on main LFS forum instead.

Thanks
Thank you for the support behind the Nippy set pack and all the testing during the beta phase.

[Image: 6b3be28749e3864589cc6ae7963d977e.png]

The pack is now released, please refer to the attached zip folder for the individual sets
If the folder is unable to open please alert me to it, thanks!

Massive thanks to the following testees for their testing and valuable feedback throughout the project
Joz, Sky, Antonio, Keplr, Barney, Creative, Shino, Robo, nöt, Carl, Swift, Adrian, Sidewayz, Dodo, Kiwie, Dizzle, Micro
And also to those out there who are awaiting this release, sorry for waiting!

If you have something to say, or any opinions, drop them below!

TL;DR - Car handling characteristics below (* standing for recommended set based on Beta testing)
UF1 - Light handling with mild understeer; easily chuckable
XFG - Good grip through corners, stable
XRG - Good grip, neutral handling style, low tire heating
RAC - Less crazy handling, less playful, forgiving and stable; slight understeer
LX6* - Different-feeling set, more forgiving no low-speed understeer, noticeably less traction break, oversteer is easier to catch
FZ5 - Neutral handling set, safe characteristics - balanced in cornering
RB4* - Handles like a RWD car with the benefits of 4WD - very stable and grippy, playful, no "4-wheeled sliding"
FXO* - Unique set; immensely grippy and insane in corners. Generic low-speed understeer
XRT* - Very neutral handling, forgiving and fun to drive - extremely controllable and chuckable, grippy. Balanced tire heating [Most recommended set]

*** NOTICE ***
- NEW IMPROVED FZ5 SETUP BELOW, CHECK BELOW THIS POST (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid270198)
- NEW MRT & LX4 SETUP BELOW, CHECK BELOW THIS POST, PAGE 2 (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid272044)
- NEW IMPROVED FXO SETUP BELOW, CHECK BELOW THIS POST, PAGE 2 (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid272168)
- NEW IMPROVED RB4 SETUP BELOW, CHECK BELOW THIS POST, PAGE 2 (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid272190)

--------------------
List of official Nippy set developers/testing team members
Joz, Sky, Antonio,
Keplr, Barney, Creative,
Shino, Robo, nöt,
Carl, Swift, Adrian,
Sidewayz, Dodo, Kiwie,
Dizzle, Micro
Biggrin I'll give it a test and give some feedback!
Great!
I'll try some of them too, give me a reason to go on citydriving (why nipple? i think people would agree that that is pretty weird)
The setups are very well done, espacially the FXO - I've just had a good drive and the FXO is a pleasure to drive, especially with the imense grip around the corners as mentioned.

Although they do look a bit stupid with the high end, it's worth it Smile Very good Pack

As Adam said also: "why nipple?"
"Nipple" was derived from the first tester, Joz. He misnamed the set instead of Nippy, and it sort of caught on.

Rest assured it is known as Nippy Set pack (or Nippy set).
No nipples involved!

@Jack sweet! Do be careful though, it is easy to take it one too far with the FXO Smile
Hi Nova,

I've removed the [TC] logo from the banner in the original post (it took about 20 seconds on Paint), so don't worry about it any more.

Cheers.
Hey, thanks BP!
Most of them are shifted too much to the front, when braking this means that the weight gets heavily distributed to the front tyres, which leads to poor braking.
As adorable said that is true. I liked FXO but it had poor braking to and I didnt like the fz5 at all. But it had good gears so if u can edit them would be great
(2019-01-03 10:23)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]Most of them are shifted too much to the front, when braking this means that the weight gets heavily distributed to the front tyres, which leads to poor braking.

Most of the sets require trail braking to be able to brake efficiently, but I am aware the RAC, FZ5 and LX6 suffers most from this. FXO can't be compared as it's just a whacky gripbug set, so it sits alone in it's weirdo corner Smile

I do have something lined up however...

FZ5 Nippy set Version 2

I have the opportunity to work along side two fast guys to redevelop the FZ5 set. Yes, two!

Massive thanks to Keplr for kicking this side-project off and working alongside me to create a new set off from fresh, and for tweaking the set for what it is now!

Also a big thank you to South for putting his own take on the set and giving it a different handling to suit more people!

Which set would you take? Keplr's... or South's...?
You decide - both are grippy sets and can be used on all tracks!

Sets are attached below

Once again, thank you for supporting this setup pack project, and leave your comments below Smile

Keplr set handling : Grippy, neutral handling (similar to the XRT), forgiving yet pleasurable, reliable.
South set handling : Very fast, rear biased, responsive and corners quick when done right, hell of fun to drive
Which car should be attempted next? MRT? Comment below!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's