[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Filtrable / customizable chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I suggest adding posibility for the user to be able to filter, what kind of messages he wants to see in his chat.

For example, I see it as following:
- user types !chatsettings
- window pops up with checkboxes for each type of chat message:
[-] other people's chases info
[+] global chat
[-] user joined / disconnected info
[-] MED / RES / TOW info

[+] private messages
- user checks / unchecks desired message types
- chat is now filtered

With constantly growing amount of information in chat I'm starting to miss important messages for me, thus my offer.

Does LFS API allows that kind of filtration?
+1

Too much information, hard to perceive relevant chat sometimes.
user joined/left/lost connection is all lfs default and cannot be removed I don't think.

Otherwise, +1, although I don't see this being an easy feat, creating multiple channels essentially for each user.

There"s a reason why Airio and other lapping software isn't able/doesn't include this chat filtration feature
I can see problems arising from this. For example if you want to contact a player about crashing into you or breaking the rules in general you're not going to get a response if PM's and global chat are turned off. I don't think the chat is that bad to warrant this imo.
(2018-12-13 12:45)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]I can see problems arising from this. For example if you want to contact a player about crashing into you or breaking the rules in general you're not going to get a response if PM's and global chat are turned off. I don't think the chat is that bad to warrant this imo.

If player1 crashes into player2 and player1 has disabled chat, that's his own problem. He could ignore you even if his chat was enabled; he's still responsible for crashing, and he takes responsibility for disabling chat and ignoring people (though responding to chat is not a must)
(2018-12-13 10:14)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]user joined/left/lost connection is all lfs default and cannot be removed I don't think.
Correct

Also, you can't block global chat via InSim. Otherwise a good idea - +1
i asked for this before and im sure chuck said it wasn possible
(2018-12-13 18:55)Fwanky Wrote: [ -> ]i asked for this before and im sure chuck said it wasn possible
How am I missing [TC]-only chat messages then? This might be true for LFS-related messages like joined/left, but all other stuff is insim-related and can probably be filtered.
Yeah because TC only chat messages is a channel - for what you requested there has to be several new preset channels and each channel has to be variable (for on-off feature, which normal channels who just use command !ch, don't use).

Just too much work, possible, but just not realistic.

Also remember that chase info is not part of a channel, it is an insim alert, to put it. It has to be handled differently to chat as well
(2018-12-14 00:35)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]Also remember that chase info is not part of a channel, it is an insim alert, to put it. It has to be handled differently to chat as well
Everything that's generated by insim, might be turned into channel; end-user can subscrube to the list of channels he's interested in (and/or allowed to subscibe).
I think certain messages should always be seen by the public, even if they may not be 100% required all the time, e.g. cops joining a chase, and someone responding to a task.

Instead, I suggest there could maybe be an option for users to disable the following messages (unless it applies to themselves):
  • 'User is from X' message upon connection
  • Spam fine notification (those notifications counter-intuitively make any spam twice as worse)
  • 'User servicing their car' notification
  • 'User is taking their test' notification
  • Destruction of public property notification
  • !donate notifications
  • !send notifications
  • Chase Loss/Win notifications (XP, chase length, money). The worst case is if four cops bust a suspect
Note: I think there may be an option in the near future to disable stunt-zone 'Heavy crash' notifications. However, those messages will always be shown for non-stunt zones as they are potentially useful in those cases.
Bump...
PMs should obviously not be possible to disable, but I was thinking of shortening the chase end messages because it fills the chatbox with a lot of trash and can make relevant information hard to see.
I would categorize it so all information not concerning the local player could be disabled. so:
- users receiving/sending money
- tow/med info + xp/rp earnings
- irrelevant chase start/end/fine
- many other actions taken by other users

Things that should have to stay include:
- LOCAL/PM/CH/etc
- sending money/cars/etc from/to local user
- local user chase/fine/xp/rp
- buying, selling by local user
- other things that are taken on the user

I suggest a list menu similar to the UI settings where you could edit these settings
Something tells me this is already being worked on since I can't see why not
Big +1!
actuallyi got that same issue at busy chat times.
so +1
Reference URL's