[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [CONCLUDED] Battle Royale (LFS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: LFS_2018-12-26_23-53-44-61.png]

Event Information

Server: [TC] Events
Password: BR2018

Date: Sunday 30th December 2018
Start: Join the server approximately five minutes before the stated time: First round starts at 7pm (GMT+0 - UK time)
Running Time: Estimated to be two hours

There is NO sign-up process. However, please note that in order to participate, you must:
  • Have at least 2500 KMs on the CityDriving servers
  • Not be banned from any [TC] server at the time of the event

Prizes

PRIZE POT CURRENTLY :: €INSIM 503,000
The top five competitors will win a percentage of the prize pot. It will be distributed as follows:
  • 1st: 55%
  • 2nd: 22.5%
  • 3rd: 12.5%
  • 4th: 6%
  • 5th: 4%

Feeling generous? To donate, please transfer your chosen amount to "boypower" with a reference note to the event (within the bank menu). Only donations worth 1000 or more will count towards the prize pool - this is to avoid having to process spam/troll donations. All valid donations will be logged below and will go to the prize pot.

A huge thanks to the following for their donations to the event's prize pot:

Code:
2018-12-30 16:54:24 UTC - 100,000 € - klbbadd2002
2018-12-30 15:23:30 UTC - 100,000 € - j.augustsson
2018-12-22 10:42:06 UTC - 1,000 € - gt4_pl
2018-12-20 22:39:06 UTC - 1,000 € - piggy501
2018-12-20 22:36:56 UTC - 1,000 € - piggy501
2018-12-20 22:05:14 UTC - 5,000 € - sir elton john
2018-12-20 22:02:36 UTC - 5,000 € - sir elton john
2018-12-20 22:00:35 UTC - 6,000 € - smallhail741
2018-12-20 22:00:25 UTC - 1,000 € - piggy501
2018-12-20 21:51:48 UTC - 14,000 € - smallhail741
2018-12-20 21:48:30 UTC - 3,000 € - lucholet2
2018-12-20 21:47:44 UTC - 40,000 € - Big Daddy
2018-12-19 16:07:07 UTC - 11,000 € - kyle-caz
2018-12-16 18:22:47 UTC - 100,000 € - rascar13
2018-12-16 14:26:56 UTC - 75,000 € - klbbadd2002
2018-12-16 13:45:24 UTC - 30,000 € - sadiee
2018-12-16 09:11:57 UTC - 10,000 € - buttercookie

The top five competitors will also receive a badge on their [TC] World profile:

[Image: 18_BR_1ST.png?raw=1] [Image: 18_BR_2ND.png?raw=1] [Image: 18_BR_3RD.png?raw=1] [Image: 18_BR_4TH.png?raw=1] [Image: 18_BR_5TH.png?raw=1]

General Rules

Please follow the instructions of the event hosts at all times, even in the unlikely event the rule is not written below. The rules will be enforced entirely at the discretion of the hosts.
  • Mods: Do not use any modifications that alter the physics of LFS (eg collision mesh, performance).
  • Connection: It is your responsibility to ensure that your connection is not ruining the event for others.
  • Chatting: Keep the chat clean. No swearing, no insulting, no spamming.
  • Setups: Any setup is allowed. We will not supply any official setup to use.
  • Idlers: The 'race' will be ended at the end of each round. If the server is full, competitors who do not join/ready up in time will be kicked to allow for new competitors. If you are kicked, you can re-join when there is space.
  • Trolling: Deliberate or continuous false starts or general mucking about before rounds will be dealt with.
  • Pit/Spec: You must pit/spec when you have been knocked out. You can then either watch the rest of the round or spawn and mess about in the Loser Zone.

Event Objective & Gameplay Rules

There will be a few rounds (depending on their duration) for numerous different cars.

At the start of each round, competitors will spawn on the arena, and will go on the green light.

You must do whatever it takes to be the last car on the arena. Note:
  • The last car on the arena wins 1 point. The last car on the arena wins even if they, themselves, ultimately fall off.
  • If the remaining cars left on the arena are all disabled (e.g. broken/upside down), the points will be split. If there are two, it will be 0.5 points each. If there are three, it will be 0.33 points each, and so on.
  • If the remaining cars seem to be at a stalemate (unwilling to drive or too damaged) with no sign of progression, the round will be ended and the points will be split with the same method as above.

A host will keep track of all points accumulated throughout the event. Shortly after the event ends, the results will be posted.

Layout

The event will take place on a specific Battle Royale layout, designed and created by Simox.

This thread

This thread is to be used for:
  • Any discussion or questions about the event,
  • The results of the result,
  • Any updates about the event from now until the event (e.g. notable prize-pot increase).

We hope to see you on the 30th of December!

[TC] Gaming
Updated OP

It's now been decided that the server will be passworded for the duration of the event. The password is written at the top of the original post.

Password: BR2018

Everything else remains the same (i.e. entry requirements, no sign-up, etc.)
Should be able to pop on in the evening on that day, but if not hope all goes well!

P.S. I transferred you some donation money earlier Smile

Moderator Message by: BP

Thanks! Donation reflected in OP

EDIT: Thanks mate ~Jack
>Event Countdown<

Also, please note the OP has been modified:
  • Updated General Rules section
  • Updated Event Objective & Gameplay Rules section
  • Added Layout section
Looking forward to this!
Too bad it's on my birthday and i will be too drunk to take part... Good luck to all who will participate!
When I first saw this I thought it was fortnite o.o
(2018-12-30 00:07)CyanKill Wrote: [ -> ]When I first saw this I thought it was fortnite o.o

I can see why it was not immediately obvious - updated the title.
Hype hype Final event in 2018.
Not long now!

>Event Countdown<

Idlers rule updated for clarity:
Quote:Idlers: The 'race' will be ended at the end of each round. If the server is full, competitors who do not join/ready up in time will be kicked to allow for new competitors. If you are kicked, you can re-join when there is space.

More pictures (see spoiler) in main post above!
Can I just say, that layout is genius. Simox is a wizard.
Jimmy has just donated 100,000 - This leaves the prizepot at a massive €INSIM 403,000! Prizes distribution can be seen in the original post.
Dizzle has just made another big donation! Prizepot now stands at €INSIM 503,000!

The event will be starting in around 2 hours. Remember to show up a little bit early so we can start on time.
I'll be there!
Server opens in around 5 minutes.
First round begins 5 minutes after.

Be there or be square.

I'll say when it's open in #announcements on Discord as well.

Server open.
THE END

Firstly, big thanks to everyone who participated.

Of course, not everything went as expected. But don't worry, we'll certainly do this type of event again in the future.

Next time, we will take measures to shorten the length of rounds, and to lower the amount of winners per round (ideally there should only be one winner per round). We will achieve this by having a working InSim from the very start which could:
  • Check for cars which haven't moved in x seconds
  • Automatically spectate cars who are out
  • Automatically state in chat who gets eliminated, and ultimately who wins
  • Automatically turn reset off

We may also see if we can refine the layout, and may have prizes for more positions (e.g. up to 10 places).

If you have any suggestions about anything, please write them below.

Here are the results:

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: unknown.png]
Good event enjoyed it.

gg all
No way! i was believe get 3-4th place! i missed two round. TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well GG..
Thanks for a fun event. Fantastic layout, Simox!
Thx for hosting, always glad to see people still use their spare time to organize sth.

Suggestions? Well, you mentioned most of it already, but some thoughts:
  • Layout: There should probably be more "traps" that the rounds end quicker and less cars remain in the end. (see GT4's similar event recently and the layouts)
  • Timer: A permanent visual timer to see when the round ends - if possible
  • Prizemoney: Split the money between more players - or at least reward the places beside 1st more equally (take money from first)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's