[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: !tow Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking at the differences between MED and TOW, there is no reason to pick TOW, except for minute roleplaying purposes. This was never a problem, but now with licenses, why would anyone ever spend the same amount of money for an objectively worse license?

So my idea is give TOW's a new command, in which they can reverse up to someones bumper, and !tow, and the car will be hooked on - with permission through a pop-up or otherwise. This would be cool for recovering cars with broken suspension, burnt clutches etc.

This would give TOW's something interesting and unique over MED's

Also, if this is a nightmare on the InSim side then Chuck can veto it, just a suggestion Smile
It's not objectively worse, it's subjective. Tows have freedom (free to do so within the server rules) to break road laws and to be chased. This can't be said for med/res.
Also, if a player thinks being a tow is worse than being a med/res, they can simply stick with that. There is no requirement to apply for licenses they don't want.

I'm not certain teleportation to other cars is possible in InSim (which is the only way this could work). If it is possible, I'm not sure how reliable that would be or how weird it'd look.
That't true i had forgotten they could be chased, that's my bad. And yea, wasn't sure if it was actually doable, InSim-wise. Might still be worth considering something, just to spice up TOWing over MED? Even just making the license cheaper than MED, just something?
Reference URL's