[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: H2O 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed H2O 2017? pack few weeks ago using .exe from their site, and avast decided after installing it that lfs.exe has virus/malicious software on it. I added it to ignore list and now i've had problems with my emails account security, spotify being stolen etc. Anyone else had the same problem?

The name of file i installed was kit_2017_hako_v1.exe
clearly a virus, isn't it.
"Installs Antivirus - Disables it, if it actually reports something"- meme goes here Wink
If I'm honest with you, you've only got yourself to blame.

I hope you have sorted out your accounts, though.
theres a lot of stuff avast flags which isn't a real virus/malware tho.
H2O kits are being pretty big thing in lfs community so i thought the guy behind them wouldn't install any malware in them Smile
Small update for this, after having a war with someone trying to constantly use my spotify even after multiple pw changes i decided to google if theres more people having this problem and seems its pretty usual. Even spotify staff will advice you to make new account and contact them to transfer all the playlist&premium info in to the new one. So it might not be related to H2O kit threat that avast flagged. Its surprisingly fun messing with someone who tries to listen music in their "bedroom speaker"
If you guys remember, TC Lights had issues being flagged as a virus with every antivirus, for a while, so just because it was flagged, doesn't mean it is necessarily a virus Smile
(2018-12-23 21:23)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]If you guys remember, TC Lights had issues being flagged as a virus with every antivirus, for a while, so just because it was flagged, doesn't mean it is necessarily a virus Smile

(2018-12-22 12:10)petsu Wrote: [ -> ]I added it to ignore list and now i've had problems with my emails account security, spotify being stolen etc.

Yeah, sure it's just a false positive
(2018-12-23 22:43)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-23 21:23)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]If you guys remember, TC Lights had issues being flagged as a virus with every antivirus, for a while, so just because it was flagged, doesn't mean it is necessarily a virus Smile

(2018-12-22 12:10)petsu Wrote: [ -> ]I added it to ignore list and now i've had problems with my emails account security, spotify being stolen etc.

Yeah, sure it's just a false positive

Well atleast it wasn't anything serious as only thing attacked was my spotify and after being in contact with their support a lot and messing with the guy, i've had no problems.

Anytime i make .rar of anything, for example a .jpg i have made myself, Avast flags it as malware. So yeah, theres a lot of false positives and its not good thing
Reference URL's