[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [RDSR] Football Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: match-results-2018.png]

[Image: match-results-simple-2018.png]

Thanks to everyone who took part and thanks to [TC] for the use of the server and insim Smile
Very good event and funny. Thanks for organize. Biggrin
Luckly someone left just to open spot for me! Great event, specially after last 24hours.
Thank you!
I enjoyed the event, thanks for organising it!

Next time I suggest scoring based on match results rather than goals:

Win: 3, Draw: 1, Loss: 0

Using this metric the results would give a fair representation of the performance of a team throughout the tournament rather than game to game based on their performance and the performance of their opposition at that point in time. The results would be as follows:

RankTeamWinLossDrawPoints
1Green30110
2Blue2117
3Red2206
4Cyan1303
5Magenta0222

I promise I'm not suggesting this because it would move our team from 4th to 2nd!
I agree with Pete. Why this weird unfair system? I mean if you rly keeping track of goals maybe give one point to team who scored the most and thats it. How can red win with 2wins and 2losses which makes their sucess ratio 0 if you look from mathematical point, green be second with 0 loss and they actually have biggest winning ratio? o.O Whats the point in winning than?
I also agree with Pete and Getrag. Wining game has no sense in this system. If its football it should calculated as football. Also last game was Championship match. Blue and Green teams both have 2 wins and 1 draw before last game. Morreboy changed his name to GREEN WON right after game ends.
[Image: YQrg16.jpg]

Also there is nothing about weird pointing system. If there is nothing about it and it called football, it should calculated like football.
Firstly, I'm sorry about the scoring system. Its clear to see that we were caught out by a couple of issues with the first being the fact that we were a team short and hadn't foreseen this. We had intended to run a Double Elimination event but due to being a team down and confusion regarding what would happen in the event of a draw, we changed to Round Robin using points. The website I was using to record the results was not correctly setup to use the scoring system seen in Football. Our results are based on what the tracker showed at the end of the event.

In hindsight we should have had a backup in place. Obviously looking at it now it would have been an easy fix but at the time when your trying to organise teams and log results its not so easy.

Overall I think the event went very well and I'm grateful that almost all participants stayed until the end. Due to the fact the results have been published now, it wouldn't be right to change them. We'll learn from this and will be more organised should we run a similar event in the future.

Thanks to all who attended
Event went really well and its very enjoyable. I have very good time and thanks for organize that event but results are pretty clear even when they not explain. Even Morreboy knows this and change his nickname like this, also everyone knows last game was championship game because best 2 teams with same W-D-L ratio and act like this in this game. I think nobody disagree with changing results to right one.
-= GG 2018 =-
(2018-12-30 04:59)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]I promise I'm not suggesting this because it would move our team from 4th to 2nd!

I'm sad you think Blue played better than Cyan Tongue
Reference URL's