[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Teaming up to rob people
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Being able to add Friends that help you rob people. Reducing the time searching for money.

It would be nice to have the ability to have your friends help you rob people. If you for example you are driving around with your friend and you want to rob someone, the friend then has to go away otherwise he/she will be a witness. It would be really cool if he/she could instead help the robbing.

If the time for robbing is lowered then you could maybe if you are lucky rob someone in a crowded area.

This will also help if you want to do heists. Having friends bait cops while someone else is robbing. or maybe having a friend fake a crash and block the road stopping witnesses etc.
It could lead to some chaos but I'm up for a trial.
If it was instead robbing something like a bank (which would have to be thought out thoroughly), then I'd be up for something like this.

I can't help but think ganging up on people to rob them is step too far.
(2019-01-03 18:50)BP Wrote: [ -> ]If it was instead robbing something like a bank (which would have to be thought out thoroughly), then I'd be up for something like this.

I can't help but think ganging up on people to rob them is step too far.

It's kinda hard to rob people anyway so why not gang up?
1. The more robbers involved in a robbery, the more mess it's going to cause (cars blocking the road, people feeling genuinely victimised, which I'd actually understand)
2. If there's numerous people trying to rob one person, it'll probably mean they'll have to block the victim. I highly doubt this is something [TC] would ever want.
3. The income from stealing is already minimal. With this implemented, the money will obviously be divided and you'll earn even less.
(2019-01-03 18:59)BP Wrote: [ -> ]1. The more robbers involved in a robbery, the more mess it's going to cause (cars blocking the road, people feeling genuinely victimised, which I'd actually understand)
2. If there's numerous people trying to rob one person, it'll probably mean they'll have to block the victim. I highly doubt this is something [TC] would ever want.
3. The income from stealing is already minimal. With this implemented, the money will obviously be divided and you'll earn even less.

Why do you never want chaos on TC servers? Sad
Because this is a cruise server first of all.
I personally am not in favor of stealing money in the first place, let alone team up on someone who isnt even asking for it.
Chases fine, you can speed or do stuff on purpose to be chased. But to go after civs who dont necesarilly want that should never be implemented imo.
(2019-01-03 19:43)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Because this is a cruise server first of all.
I personally am not in favor of stealing money in the first place, let alone team up on someone who isnt even asking for it.
Chases fine, you can speed or do stuff on purpose to be chased. But to go after civs who dont necesarilly want that should never be implemented imo.

No. [TC] has always been a Cops and Robbers server. Not Cruise.
(2019-01-03 21:38)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-03 19:43)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Because this is a cruise server first of all.

True, but as a Robber I can choose to not be chased, by sticking to speedlimits and obeying the rules. If some people gang up to another user they cant do anything about it, and that makes a difference.
Why not make it so that instead of stealing from other players there are ATMs and/or banks on each map you could steal from?

I understand this would probably not be a simple thing to implement but I feel it would work better than the current system.

-It could allow this suggestion of working with friends to do robberies
-No one would feel victimized/targeted
-No one that does not want to take part in it would lose out
-It would actually reward the robbers which currently does not happen even though it's
supposed to be a cops and robbers server the way the system works currently hardly
produces any gain for the robbers if any at all.
Regarding what type of server [TC] is: Cruise / cops & robbers would be most accurate. Source: http://city-driving.co.uk/
(2019-01-03 21:38)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]

its getting really repetitive having the same features and aspects for so long now, so im glad chuck is experimenting with new features and adding to our prime cruising experience.
Again, I think we don't need things to be more complicated...
(2019-01-05 03:59)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I think we don't need things to be more complicated...

too much for your little brain?
Or maybe he just doesn't want to have random cars boxing him in out of nowhere, trying to rob him. Especially if the time it takes would be lowered, as suggested. I can totally see robbers conveniently "parking" in front of the victim, while their friend robs them from behind.

Teaming up to rob a bank however, would be another story.
(2019-01-05 10:30)Mr. NB Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe he just doesn't want to have random cars boxing him in out of nowhere, trying to rob him. Especially if the time it takes would be lowered, as suggested. I can totally see robbers conveniently "parking" in front of the victim, while their friend robs them from behind.

This exactly.
I am not against new game'modes' on the server, and I dont mind if there would be a bankheist kind of thing that Cops gets alerted to and can chase after.
But imo it should be an opt-in system, which it would be if you CHOOSE to be robbed.
I already had it happen that people tried to rob me while standing still, parking in such a way I wouldnt be able to move. Let alone with multiple people, you can just box them in and they can't do anything about it.
(2019-01-05 10:30)Mr. NB Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe he just doesn't want to have random cars boxing him in out of nowhere, trying to rob him. Especially if the time it takes would be lowered, as suggested. I can totally see robbers conveniently "parking" in front of the victim, while their friend robs them from behind.

This exactly, Fwank. This.

Situations can arise where people gang up to bully or discriminate one particular user, and repeatedly robbing for fun, boxing the car in and not letting him escape. Then that guy wouldn't have anything to escape or do, even worse if the robbers chain-rob continuously. When that happens people tend to either rage or quit the game, both of which isn't good for the small community.

Simply put it, when you have a group of people with the same objective things can get messy very quickly, and User Reports would just slowly fill up with "Gang robbers stealing my money" threads.

What NB said already is pretty down to the point and I don't see why friends/team/gang robbery will be a good idea in any way. You even share lesser cash amongst your "teammates".

Bank robbery would be great, but that would put TC in direct firing line with RC (I think) and I don't quite think having the same server characteristics is a good thing. TC stands out currently for the innovative yet easy to understand Insim and bank/robbing system and we should keep it that way.
Reference URL's