[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Uber "job"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of making an external program/service for LFS that would serve as a sort of Uber job. The point is, the InSim client would give you locations around the map, and you would receive points for getting there on time.
  • It would require an external program to run on your computer. This program would probably be open-source, or at least audited by the [TC] team as to not raise any thoughts of it being malware.
  • The service would be completely external and unaffiliated with [TC], as jobs were surely discussed and dismissed before
  • It would use [TC] map locations and detect whether you are on a [TC] server
  • The points system (and the random jobs) would be directly connected to an external API that would sum up your points and display them publicly in some sort of ranking website
  • It would also be connected to the [TC] API to find where you are on the map, etc

My thinking is this would be pretty cool, as it could offer some more interesting gameplay for those who just want to cruise. It could also help players learn street names.

It would not serve as a way of making money in any way, unless maybe some awards for most points given out periodically? Maybe it would require sponsors? Can't generate money out of thin air.

This is still only in the planning, but I need feedback on if this is a good idea, if it would be allowed by the [TC] team, and suggestions on things to think of when making it.

Please, give me your feedback!
I'm all for this - it could be fun and I could easily see myself earning money with a restriction Smile

Let me know if you would like any help with the development-side things.
(2019-01-04 14:00)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm all for this - it could be fun and I could easily see myself earning money with a restriction Smile

Let me know if you would like any help with the development-side things.

Thank you Kyle! Very cool.
I will let you know if I go forward with it and get some progress in.
Really? Advertising LFSPro here?
Reference URL's