[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Locator suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, seconed by Wouter so gonna just explain here,

Currently Locator works by showing a UI overlay on screen with meters and arrows signalling car position. It helps to give rough directional guide towards the victim, but sometimes you may go by a wrong road, or drive to a dead end following the overlay directly.

The suggestion would be to have the streets that are between the respondant and the victim displayed above or below the distance-meter UI. This would help location drastically and would give a better rough guide on which roads the responder should take.

For example, if the responder is at Bridge, and the victim is at Hillside, the UI would display something like:

<<1034m
Corkscrew> Highway 2> Hillside Pass

or

<<1034m
Corkscrew
Highway 2
Hillside Pass

Or like Wizard suggested, the Street Names directory could be put at the top UI below Car condition row.

And of course once the respondant is on the street it will automatically remove it self from the mini list. So if already at Corkscrew, it will disappear and Highway 2 will now be the topmost street displayed.
This would inevitably make towing much more efficient and straightforward!

Love to hear the remarks, cheers
i think your idea is a good one. however im also thinking it would be too much text (as some places seen in CLC) where suddenly you got roadnames all over your screen. therefore i would add to this suggestion to move the locator perhaps to lower or upper left side of the screen. for an more easy overview of constntly changing information (so it doesnt get mistaken with other info on top of screen)placed by itself. in short. information is good . but too much..maybe not so good. so kinda somewhere in between maybe.

but i do find your idea very good and interesting.
wiz
(2019-01-05 10:55)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]i think your idea is a good one. however im also thinking it would be too much text (as some places seen in CLC) where suddenly you got roadnames all over your screen. therefore i would add to this suggestion to move the locator perhaps to lower or upper left side of the screen. for an more easy overview of constntly changing information (so it doesnt get mistaken with other info on top of screen)placed by itself. in short. information is good . but too much..maybe not so good. so kinda somewhere in between maybe.

but i do find your idea very good and interesting.
wiz

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe the Metres distance display remains but the Street Names be on the top of Insim UI, below car condition. Sounds better!
(insignificant bump)
Really, this would be a nice feature
yes i agree even its only you and me in this thread Biggrin
Reference URL's