[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: FIX this chase green dots nonsense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why they appear when the suspect is still 100 meters away? I can see it clearly yet i'm loosing it??? Also happens if the guy you are chasing crashes somewhere hard and you speed past him, they appear instantly and start counting down. The guy is near and if im on grass or something i cant get back to him so fast even if he isnt moving like the guy was that i chased yesterday. Hard to even catch up to him even if there are less than 100 meters and BAM you lost him? like wat?

ACE got on that campers barrier in Aston near highway 2 stopped there for a minute then started driving away i followed, there was maybe 70 meters gap and those green dots began to count down like im loosing him. I was trying to catch up and in the end there was maybe even less than 100 meters from him and i lost him. GG that, much logic, much fun. Remove it or fix it.

Edit: Added picture to explain what im on about.
[Image: oTo15gA.jpg]

ye it was more than 100 but i was gaining alot at the end yet still wasn't enough.
(2019-01-09 18:40)SIMOX Wrote: [ -> ]Why they appear when the suspect is still 100 meters away? I can see it clearly yet i'm loosing it??? Also happens if the guy you are chasing crashes somewhere hard and you speed past him, they appear instantly and start counting down. The guy is near and if im on grass or something i cant get back to him so fast even if he isnt moving like the guy was that i chased yesterday. Hard to even catch up to him even if there are less than 100 meters and BAM you lost him? like wat?

ACE got on that campers barrier in Aston near highway 2 stopped there for a minute then started driving away i followed, there was maybe 70 meters gap and those green dots began to count down like im loosing him. I was trying to catch up and in the end there was maybe even less than 100 meters from him and i lost him. GG that, much logic, much fun. Remove it or fix it.

I had the same issue a few days ago, i seen the suspect i was doing 140+ and gaining on him i was only about 70-80m away and the dots appeared
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We can't simply remove the mechanism which determines when cops lose a chase, otherwise cops will never lose the chase. The green dots simply show when you are losing a chase.

Hopefully Chuck can look into this.
Once you understand how it works, you can often prevent those situations. I do agree though, it could need some minor tweaking. For example the 50m trailwidth(if its still 50?!) could be raises to 75. but before we get to tweaking suggestions, an official (chuck) statement about the current parameters would be appreciated.
(2019-01-09 19:51)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Once you understand how it works, you can often prevent those situations. I do agree though, it could need some minor tweaking. For example the 50m trailwidth(if its still 50?!) could be raises to 75. but before we get to tweaking suggestions, an official (chuck) statement about the current parameters would be appreciated.

You mean the suspect is leaving some sort of trail behind him that i have to drive into otherwise i lose him? That could explain alot of things

[Image: oTo15gA.jpg]
I can't provide any evidence of this, as mpr-s does not record insim, but this happens to me almost always: right after the robber disappears from sight (which can be a wall between Main St and Pitzone 2, green balls start running on my screen, though the suspect is roughly 30 meters aside of me.

Moreover, green balls do not disappear instantly after the suspect is in insight - it can take a few seconds, which can be critical.
Exactly simox. The suspect leaves a 50m wide 10second trail behind him, wich the cop may not leave for more than 10 seconds. Plus there is a 100m radius around the suspect and the cop must face the suspect. So often you can prevent losing by just facing your car to the suspect. Something like this, and all these parameters might not be exactly correct... or might have been altered over the years. Wait for chuck for an official reply. Also the dots are sometimes a second delayed, so you just get back to the suspect when he/she uturns, but still have already lost. Quite irritating/annoying sometimes.

€: this was implemented roughly 4 years ago Smile
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid167526

€2: so in you case, looking at the 40 or 50m trailwidth, you most likely would have just needed to be 10m closer to the left for a second to keep contact.
(2019-01-09 20:43)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]€: this was implemented roughly 4 years ago Smile
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid167526
I suppose it's a new algorithm mentioned here: https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid266903 (if "tracker" is responsible for cop <-> robber position calculation)
As sirens and cautions are related to visibility, it would make sense that the tracker is also referring to the visibility of suspects, eg who is actually caught in the cop tracker. But lets just wait for an official statement on how the contactloss in chases currently is calculated.
Reference URL's