[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Typical evening, put some music on and joining the server for some driving, greeted with a message telling me that I should try to 'cause minimal damage' to suspects as a COP.
  • I have no clue what's the warning is referring to, which chase? when? what hit? there are no forum reports, meaning potentially there are no replays to review this further.
  • The admin who seemingly placed the warning is gone 'Away' for personal reasons, yet he's still answering basic training threads, unban requests and issued me with a warning (?)

There are 2 things for certain however, I'm careful enough and I hit the brakes as soon as I am physically capable of, to prevent damage, and play within [TC] rules.

I'm 99% sure that what lead to this warning is a chase with an RB4 doing laps in big grass area with a 250ms ping at the time, mine was 120, meaning a disparty of around (250+120)ms internet lag, + 250ms reaction time for visual stimuli to apply the car brakes, without factoring in the speed which is greater than the suspect's car (FZ5 vs RB4) and the distance it takes to slow down.

I won't be writing much into this till I get a confirmation as to what is going on, this is not a report, a complaint or whatever, I'm merely trying to understand what is going on, as this is just getting repeated over and over again, under the alias of 'Disciplinary actions'.

IMO, you shouldn't be issuing your players warnings on a delicate matter like this, I've had admins in the past to name a few: Ash, Bez, Dizzle, Brad(old members)... inspect some of the reports issued against me for similar instances and the outcome is opposite to what admins of the likes of: Carl, Sadie and now Tazxx(new members) would deem.

Promoting certain copping styles whereas others handing over warnings that count up to you getting your COP rights revoked is rather contradictory, disordered and shouldn't be happening.

Information extracted from other threads:
Dan Wrote:the cops may need to try additional moves in order to stop you.
not every maneuver is going to be done by the book given the sheer difficulty in doing so.
If either of the cops had rammed you at 100 mph causing you to flip then yes, that's understandable.

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid245047

Many admins commented on this in the past, including Chuck about rules and patterns that aren't written in the Rules page but are still subject to your 'Disciplinary actions' means.

Is it a matter of a coin flip or am I wrong here?
Every Admin is different in the way s/he deals with incidents, we aren't programmed robots sadly. Just humans.

I'm sure an Admin will be able to help you though. Smile
(2019-01-17 01:52)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]we aren't programmed robots sadly.

I'm not saying you are, no wonder why they kicked out of their team Laugh

(2019-01-17 01:52)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure an Admin will be able to help you though. Smile

[Image: 63e51038_f4b0_682c.jpg]
Doesn't get much more pathetic than trying to insult the first person to kindly respond to your help thread. I'm going to close this thread, and when the admin who warned you is available again, he/she will likely explain your specific situation with you via PM.

If you'd like to post this again but in the form of a suggestion for the team, and hopefully have some reasonable discussion this time, go for it

Reference URL's