[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: More upgrades upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

Thought of this little funny addon we can have, is to buy something that makes 1 car have all the properties that can be bought

[Image: Igi9vpx.png]

A one car can have 3 upgrades, if for example i wanted to have the Locator, Winch, Ramp, Car-alarm, ANPR-camera and Radar-Warner on 1 extreme car, it should go as follows (not in exact order tho):
  • Whatever you want to call it that makes a car have more slots (can be a normal car upgrade like others with the no.6)
  • Car upgrade 1 -> Winch
  • Car upgrade 2 -> Ramp
  • Car upgrade 3 -> Car-alarm
  • Car upgrade 4 -> ANPR-camera
  • Car upgrade 5 -> Radar-alarm

This thing that gives extra slots can cost around 10K-20K and then be able to fill the car with all the needed equipment to use all-in-one

I myself thought it's maybe going too far or maybe too modern to have that implemented but something to say better than nothing Smile

Thanks for reading,
Sky

This suggestion is open for discussion, if it can be edited in a way to improve and make the game-play better then it's welcome to be said, not a mandatory suggestion and can be edited.
Edited: Car-alarm was written twice, thanks Huski.
I feel the current limitation to upgrades per car makes for spicier decision making and better rationing of "upgrades"/tools.

If each car or car system was allowed to have more upgrades people would just slap everything on and we'd sorta be at the situation before this new update came in.

For instance, with limited tool slots I have to think properly what to equip let's say, my Ball Of Steel UF1. "Its not fast, so radar Warner is not needed". "Perhaps this car should be a Tow vehicle? Let me equip a winch and ramp".

As above, it also improves user vehicle usage, and more people would buy an appropriate car for the job.
In TLDR, 3 slots is more than enough I feel, any more and having a "store concept" as right now is pretty redundant. Plus it hasn't even been a year Tongue
The 3 slots were chosen in regard of having a balanced gameplay. More than those 3 would not only make no sense, gameplaywise , but its also pretty unrealistic.
Having a car that has a ramp (only usable as tow/med/etc) and also an ANPR camera (only usable as cop) on the same car is just pointless as you only can use those things while in the particular role. There are more combinations that just mutually exclude each other. The way it was designed is that you own separate cars for playing the different rules, which are equipped differently to match the role.
Well Chuck phrased it nicer and shorter, so there ya go Tongue
Okay.. I get it! Biggrin the idea was to have those extras in exchange of insim money but indeed it would not make roles and use of cars as it is now Smile

Cheers for the points
Reference URL's