[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Changes to Paddock Tunnel Way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The additional barriers that have been added to separate the two lanes on tunnel way, in my opinion and from what I've seen, seem to be doing more harm than good.

Currently there is no room to overtake(or pass side by side) properly in most places which leads to people trying to go WW and getting stuck on the wrong side not being able to avoid any oncoming cars because of the barrier and curb on either side. The only other option is to try to use the short exit lanes to undertake which obviously is very risky. Also if there is an unexpected hazard in the road for some reason there is no way to avoid it in most places.

This issue shows itself a lot in chases where cops can find themselves stuck behind slow traffic with no room to pass, or in the case where they miss a suspect U-Turn having to go against traffic until a break in the barrier to maintain contact.

My suggestion is to either:

1.Remove the center barrier completely in the area shown below
[Image: 2akbdlk.png]
This would give people more room to avoid, overtake, U-turn in chases, etc. There would most likely be a problem of people hitting oncoming traffic while overtaking, but that still happens even with the barriers in place. However with this suggestion there is actually room to avoid the oncoming traffic.

Or

2.Make a brief 4 lane section (2 each direction) that extends out into the carpark using the area shown below
[Image: 2amhs2.png]
This would keep the separation of the opposing lanes but give people a chance to pass safely and more room to avoid any hazards. The merge however, depending on how it's made, may be a bit abrupt. But on the bright side this could help to make the most popular road on the map a bit more interesting

**Note I'm not suggesting to remove the barriers at the gas station exit, or the traffic lights, or the blind crests on either end of the road
The barrier has been put there because when it wasnt there, it would cause way too many collisions with drifters, and wrong way chasers. Look at Blackwood circuit layout for a similar situation.

The second option is not viable either imo, since it would create a gigantic bottleneck at the mergepoint.

If people would just use their heads on PTW there wouldnt be an issue with having barriers there.
(2019-02-24 22:16)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]If people would just use their heads on PTW there wouldnt be an issue with having barriers there.

If people would just use their heads on PTW there wouldnt be an issue with not having barriers there either. But considering the fact it's a game you can't expect everyone to perfectly mimic the level of caution showed irl since the whole point is to have fun.

Having the barriers there kills the fun unless you want to risk one of the options I mentioned which is made much more dangerous with the barriers in place.

Quote: it would cause way too many collisions with drifters, and wrong way chasers.
Yes, but since then arab drifting has been banned and the barriers have made the issue of WW overtaking even more dangerous.
It's been suggested many times about barriers and tires. It's sad that we have to Anti-noob all the layouts but it does work as intended, too keep people on the correct side of the road and also provide objects for chases.
3. Change the spawn position and slightly reduce the speed limits so that ppl cruise on the main track, not the paddock tunnel or the access roads. once traffic is shifted those barriers can be removed.
I don't think that people will want to cruise on the main track like in the old days. There's just too many roads to chose from. Roads without barriers and tyres in the middle.

Having some barriers is ok but if too many then it becomes annoying. The "Anti-noob" layout on corby is a great example of too many barriers. It's a torture to drive there. The track itself is a bit shit for cruising but layout doesn't help.
Why would you drive on the main track on a cruise server.
Blackwood I can understand because that industrial area is boring and sucks but Westhill has a nice amount of streets to chose from.

Also I'm very happy that somebody finally took this into a voting, get rid of those barriers. Noobs will go ww no matter what.
Some barriers won't help
I think having less player in that area will reduce the likelihood of a crash happening. Recently there have been attempts at closing off the Autobahn at Kyoto, to no avail. It's been that way for ages and for people's attitude to change towards a specific track takes much more than barriers, I'm interested in seeing some cool innovations however.
sorry for bumping.

my thoughts on this is to use the road from pit tower building to go one way.
2 other lanes going towards the intersection/bridge(to the left) , the other way.

the road next to pit tower is hardly used as it is now. this would make use of it and also give more room on the already existing road.

it would however reduce the stunt area about 2 lanes though. but on WE theres plenty of stunt areas in the far end of track too so i dont see it as a problem really. could be a turn towards the track area from it too.

again sorry for the small bump.
Reference URL's