[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Disable abruption of stealing when caralarm ges off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello thiefs,
in my opinion the stealing should not be cancelled when a caralarm goes of.
It's already quite hard to find victims due to people looking after their wallets, plenty of traffic, many safezones and more and more caralarms.
Caralarms are quite cheap and soon everyone will just have one and stealing will be almost impossible.
Also in real life, caralarms don't really prevent stealing. Lonely car, smash the window, alarm goes off, grab the wallet and off you go...

Imho it would make sense(and be more realistic) that stealing can still be possible from cars with an alarm, but for example instant wanted state(and maybe for a slightly extended period of time. eg two minutes).
Alternatively maybe doubling the stealing time to give cops the opportunity to rush to the scene.

Open for other ideas and discussion. cheers.
I agree. As you said in real life people will often continue stealing after an alarm goes off (whether it is from a car or building) but it would increase the risk of being caught. +1
^ I Agree. Stealing shouldn't be stopped when alarm goes off. +1 from me
I like some of the ideas here. I agree that it would be nice for a little tweak so that the chances of rewards were greater, but the time it takes to complete theft is longer. This is how it is in roleplay servers usually.
Additional idea: A caralarm(or an upgrade to the casual one) could trigger an automatic policecall which cops can !respond to
I think the reason for opening a topic like that in someone stole you lo.ol
(2019-02-27 08:13)S L A V R Wrote: [ -> ]I think the reason for opening a topic like that in someone stole you lo.ol

You realise his suggestion would essentially be making it easier to rob people, not harder?
So what you're saying doesn't make a lot of sense.
Yes I have a maximum proposal to steal someone for only two attempts and can not be stolen if stolen only after an hour or half an hour
We advertised the car alarm as a 100% protection, so people who bought it because of that will complain.
One thing that is already in development is that a real SOS call will be sent out to allow cops to respond and (legally) rush to the scene.
Let them complain...but looking at the poll i guess there wont be too many. Things keep changing every now and then. IF they are unhappy they can sell their alarm for 4k. Or raise the price to 6250 so they get 5k back Tongue
Car alarms don’t guarantee total protection in real life. They simply make theft harder and increase the risk of being caught. I can soon see most people owning an alarm and the theft system almost being pointless.
(2019-02-27 07:57)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Additional idea: A caralarm(or an upgrade to the casual one) could trigger an automatic policecall which cops can !respond to

I rather have this, normal caralarm going off will trigger auto police call.

Car alarms in real don't prohibit stealing like people have said.

We already have witnesses causing wanted level,
so caralarm causing wanted level + auto cop response will be adequate. Those people who wish to afk can just afk in safezones as intended by the original purpose of SZ being anti theft.
Clearly a balance needs to be struck between the purpose of buying a car alarm and how much protection it actually gives you.

As Josh has pointed out, if the alarm was completely ineffective then the whole point of an alarm would be pointless.

Perhaps the success of committing theft should be completely random, because in real life, you always run the risk of being caught. The car alarm then could be used merely to decrease that chance so it is more likely to be used in favour of the victim. Objectively it is safe to say that more people get caught when there is an alarm as opposed to someone that does not.

For example, a car alarm could at any given time have a success rate of catching the defendant as being above 50% but as to how much above 50% whether it be a 99% chance of catching the victim or 55%, the threshold is met at 50% - anything above is made random. Vice versa, without an alarm it would be below 50% but as to how much below is random because as mentioned, there is always a risk still that a theft can be committed without an alarm (albeit an objectively lower risk).

I feel this would provide enough balance to justify buying an alarm should the alarm no longer be used as having 100% protection.
Or... how about this!

Car alarm being triggered will not cease the stealing process.. but

It will reset the "stealing progress" timer back to 0% and the stealing process automatically gets 2 times slower to get to 100% again, while for protection, Cops get a notification and the ability to respond.
This way, it doesn't completely end the stealing, will allow the thief to steal, but, at the risk of cops and also the extra time taken to finish the process.

This is a good balance between completely removing any stealing opportunity for thieves, whilst also not making a user fully vulnerable to being stolen from.

Yes or no? Tongue

For technical or coding terms,
Meaning complete stealing process is 60 seconds, and if we take X as the amount of time taken to steal, the reset of the steal timer will be halved (1/2x) or, 30 seconds.
Then the resetted timer will take twice as long as normal (2x) Total time taken will be (2 + 1/2x), or 150 seconds.
More than enough time for cops to respond and also more than enough time for the thief to make a decision whether to continue or to run away.
If Chuck wishes to add a constant changing variable to the 2nd part of stealing (the bit after the alarm is triggered) he can add Y amount of time atop the 2x to make the time taken impossible to judge
Nova made it more clear i guess Smile but imo the whole thread is about the same idea you stated last Nova. +1. Thats fair and fun

An alarm should be a trigger for the suspect to be completely under the risk of COPs chase, chat should also expose, Car alarm should not be disallowing stealing completely
no wanted level if you succeed in stealing from a car with car alarm ?

as said above. its a hard victim to even get on server. you should some times also actually get away with your nasty thief buisness.

this could be one such option.

EDIT: or maybe if you succeed in stealing from a car with alarm. police gets sent to the car of whom the alarm was triggered (as in real life) but the thief gets no wanted level(also as in real life), but could be rat out by the victim if present to the cops in chat?
(2020-01-29 18:47)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]no wanted level if you succeed in stealing from a car with car alarm ?

as said above. its a hard victim to even get on server. you should some times also actually get away with your nasty thief buisness.

this could be one such option.

EDIT: or maybe if you succeed in stealing from a car with alarm. police gets sent to the car of whom the alarm was triggered (as in real life) but the thief gets no wanted level(also as in real life), but could be rat out by the victim if present to the cops in chat?

As per our forum rules:

Quote:2.5. Do not post in threads which have had no new replies in the last 30 days
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/misc.ph...forumrules

As the thread says, this feature has been implemented so there's no point in you replying to it.

Thread closed.
Reference URL's