[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Layout idea for Kyoto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i made this layout idea for TC to look at maybe? i didnt change the base lyt in any way just added some trafficlights(with idea ID´s). even if its a roundabout it could use some lights in this kyoto track me thinks. and also i removed some ,was it slap walls or ramps underneath the high way bridge to outer ring circle as i needed some few more objects. so tried to find something i could remove without it actually showed.

i have no plan for using this file. just wanted to show TC what my idea was.

wiz

Administrator Message by: Carl

Moved to a suitable area
Any chance we can get some screenshots?
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do with the traffic lights. Maybe you could elaborate?

I've taken some screenshots which can be viewed here.
Is it meant as a dosage system to only let cars get on AB in a certain timebracket?
As Kyle mentioned, I also have no idea what you're trying to do with the traffic lights?
I do not see any sense in it at all Smile
(2019-03-05 05:56)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]I do not see any sense in it at all Smile

Couldn't have said it any better Wink All I see are randomly placed traffic lights on a road that has a 160 kph speed-limit.
first of all. i couldnt find the thread as it was moved...missing answers..

what im trying to show is that in turns you could have lights changing but hiding from other directions so no matter what direction you come from its only one direction that sees the light. the ones on the oval is more for the role playing part and also a bit for when night arrives in LFS. could be used to show brake points.
im not trying to change your lyt in any way. i just think TC does need a bit more traffic lights on layouts, thats all, and what im showing you here is just one way that could be done. thats all.

as i see it. its a drag really. i must admit.
it would give sooo much more work to police to keep an eye out for those lawbreakers who cross the lights illegally.
that would mean more payouts to cops who would need to buy more donuts and eventually will drain TC economy.
youre right. maybe its a bad idea Smile

EDIT:
thank you for screenies Kyle (sorry didnt think of that as its a lyt everyone can just load): https://imgur.com/a/ZIUJei4

[/quote]

Couldn't have said it any better Wink All I see are randomly placed traffic lights on a road that has a 160 kph speed-limit.
[/quote]
not quite randomly. you dont see the lights ID in this lyt. the one in the wall on oval is yellow blinking light,just indicating somethings up but youre good to go. further ahead comes the roundabout intersection, that splits in 2,where normal trafficlights could be. but coming form area with 160kph you would irl see some kind of indication you need to be aware to stop right? thats what that light does. at night time.you be happy its there(also tested it in night mod). those hidden behind signs and also on oval .
i was thinking (if possible ofc) those could be activated by cars if thats even possible to make. so if a car comes around the pit area maybe on going towards you after the T intersection of next pit area (i meant the original pit area at first) then it activates the trafficlight on oval section to go red? then if you need to turn left there ,its going to be red untill cars from the (org) pit area has passed(ish). thats my original idea for those lights. if thats not possible to make then i would suggest them to be just shifting like normaol trafficlights.

in general on all TC layouts. what i am missing the most is more lights for traffic. which i think will be adressed sooner or later anyways on TC as we know got announced by Scawen night is now a thing that might come to LFS anytime soon.
as such. i think it would be a good idea for TC to be thinking about these ideas for the future developement of TC aswell.

for example do i see many backroads on westhill/blackwood with intersections but has no trafficlights at all. only main roads sort of. im kinda missing those little details that may not be used as much, but if there ads to the over all feel of the TC experience.
i hope i clarified this specifically enough for everyone to understand what i meant. which is in short. more traffic lights im missing on TC servers. thats all Smile

PS: im not saying these lights hould be exactly where i placed them. im just showing you some ideas of how they could be placed. but still doesnt mess with the original layout that specifies its TC.

pps: honestly. this is something i am missing on cruise servers in general really.we were given these objects mostly for cruise. but i dont really see any servers use them as such. so its not just a TC thing here really.i would say the same to CLC tbh.
(when trafficlights came to editor i was thinking, cool now we gonna see some redlight bandits escape from police. but then nobody uses traffic lights as such or they just go yellow blinking or something. i think TC could have a clear advantage of taking them into daily use.and therefore this suggestion.

oh and erhm... sorry i posted this the wrong place. was thinking files,its a lyt...
on an oval lights? a traffic light for a braking point? i drive 160 on oval and i see red light an make full brake -1....

I think there are too many accidents happening.

as long as the update has not come yet you should not waste any thoughts on it

I stay with my statement that it is meaningless ..
(2019-03-06 06:24)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]on an oval lights? a traffic light for a braking point? i drive 160 on oval and i see red light an make full brake -1....

I think there are too many accidents happening.

as long as the update has not come yet you should not waste any thoughts on it

I stay with my statement that it is meaningless ..

well i could make you another lyt with 3 lights indicating how a brake point could look with red yelow and green indication too . problem is, you wont be able to see other than the green just lit.
thats why that is meaningless to show you on this lyt.
but infact what i meant by saying brake points. theres alot of potential for lights unexplored still in LFS. i have even made arrows pointing to apex and more. so i dont see it being meaningless at all.

heres some other ideas made for night mod :
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1945528#post1945528
but again you will only see them as green lit up. some of these lights are not supposed to show the green light at all. so they look weird at daytime. and with green light on always. but with the correct light ID active. you will see them as they should be. but you need a application to run that.which is why its meaningless to show you this on this lyt. as you wouldnt be able to see it anyways.so took some of the more simpler ones to show here. but the ideas are there.and this suggestion is just that. an idea.
(2019-03-06 06:05)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]as we know got announced by Scawen night is now a thing that might come to LFS anytime soon.

That's actually not even true... And it's said right at beginning of Scawen's post:

Scawen Wrote:DISCLAIMER: This work is unfinished and there are many issues left to solve. At this point it is not certain that it will be released. This must be taken in the spirit of a progress report, showing experimental work that sometimes takes place behind the scenes.
Source: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1945578#post1945578

Going back to topic: Placing traffic lights everywhere just because we are able to do it is completely pointless. I'm against this idea.
Agreed, placing random lights around the oval and entry roads to oval makes no sense.

What would have made more sense is if we had lane-activity lights placed above the lanes at the bottle neck areas beside the AB pitlane.

Sort of how tunnel expressways have green and red markings to signify if the lane ahead is closed due to an accident, or such.

But even then it will not help much due to most cruisers having too much ignorance to their surroundings.
(2019-03-06 08:20)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-06 06:05)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]as we know got announced by Scawen night is now a thing that might come to LFS anytime soon.

That's actually not even true... And it's said right at beginning of Scawen's post:

Scawen Wrote:DISCLAIMER: This work is unfinished and there are many issues left to solve. At this point it is not certain that it will be released. This must be taken in the spirit of a progress report, showing experimental work that sometimes takes place behind the scenes.
Source: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1945578#post1945578

Going back to topic: Placing traffic lights everywhere just because we are able to do it is completely pointless. I'm against this idea.

he also said today he will go back to the headlight code next week. that to me sounds alot like scawen is DEFO planning Night in LFS.

ive seen many places with sort of hidden lights even in UK. train bridges small would have some warning lights forexample. others would have traffic lights and so forth. so i really dont see it as random lights as you would find small traffic lights here and there in small areas or hard to see areas IRL.
obviously we dont share the oppinion , but all i really wanted to say here is , that im missing some more traffic lights to especially intersections. and as said before, this is not just on TC but almost any cruise server really. and to be clear. im not trying to change anything here. its meant only to show you a different idea. i for one. believes Scavier is going to make night in LFS. and is reason im posting this. so you guys could be in advange on this thing. meant it in a helpful way. and if not used at all. so be it. but i still think TC should have in mind that lights might(i used the word "might") become a thing within a year or two. Regards Wiz

EDIT:
Scawen has asked TC to please update to t4 :
Source :
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1946154#post1946154
Quote:
because I really need to get back to the lighting in the development version
Source:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1946168#post1946168
source2:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1946108#post1946108
Reference URL's