[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: The actual 'teacake' debate.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let's settle this.

(Image 1) This:

[Image: teacake_114272347.jpg?version=3.1.212]

or (Image 2) this:

[Image: A-Tunnocks-Tea-Cake-is-seen-in-Edinburgh-Scotland.jpg]
SONIC, WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS?!

Btw; whoever says it's Image 1... You're delusional and we will not be friends.
Image 1 is a traditional teacake.

Image 2 is a brand of sweet treat called a "Teacake" in reality both are teacakes but its the more traditional (IMG 1) that you would define a "Teacake" if you're older, but in more recent years children have been bought up with image 2 being teacakes.

So my opinion (based on fact) are both teacakes in reality. If you want a definitive answer? It depends on how you were bought up.
(2019-03-15 01:28)TAZxx Wrote: [ -> ]SONIC, WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS?!

Contentious issues need discussion!
First one is bread. Bread can't be cake. That's teabread.

Second one is clearly a teacake, perfected by the Scots as the Tunnock's Teacake.

This thread can now be locked.
To me bread is more close to being tea than what chocolate is, some people refer to lunch as being 'tea' (which is so wrong IMO) and arguably once the bread (of which is usually a part of lunch) is toasted it becomes more like cake in the sense it is 'baked' over in heat.

But this is only a possible argument on its interpretation of the word whereas Huski seems to have taken a holistic approach to the matter, which imo is an equally viable argument in favor of image 1.

Do people have any other arguments?

I'm obviously a fan of Image 1.
Sonic, you're deluded mate.

How is toast cake? Are you absolutely mad? Shush.
I am resisting the urge to write a PSA on how teacakes work and the history surrounding both. (Also yes Nick, everything must be serious!) arf
Hmmmmmm, how about I start the bread roll vs cob vs bap vs breadcake argument?
(2019-03-15 01:31)Nick Wrote: [ -> ]First one is bread. Bread can't be cake. That's teabread.

Second one is clearly a teacake, perfected by the Scots as the Tunnock's Teacake.

Image 2's "teacake" consists of marshmallow, biscuit and chocolate. Where's the cake, man?
(2019-03-15 08:59)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-15 01:31)Nick Wrote: [ -> ]First one is bread. Bread can't be cake. That's teabread.

Image 2's "teacake" consists of marshmallow, biscuit and chocolate. Where's the cake, man?

Is a jaffa-cake a biscuit or a cake? I rest my case.
Image 1 is just a bit of bread with butter which someone couldn't even spread properly.

Image 2 is clearly the teacake.
Can you add an option that says 'none'?

Teacake is this! :
[Image: chamomile-tea.jpg]
[Image: carrot-cake.jpg]
A Jaffa Cake is objectively a cake, Taz
@Sky
I could imagine Taz drowning his cake in tea tbf
@BP point proven, it's not made in a cake way... Neither is a teacake (image 2)

@Sonic Hmmmm, no, chocolate and tea do not mix, however you can have chocolate for tea.
you are a pure psycho if you chose image 1...
@Adam

Image 1 currently has double the votes, I'd say it's more the other way around.
(2019-03-15 20:21)TAZxx Wrote: [ -> ]@BP point proven, it's not made in a cake way... Neither is a teacake (image 2)

@Sonic Hmmmm, no, chocolate and tea do not mix, however you can have chocolate for tea.

Neither image 1 or 2 contains cake, in any capacity. You, for some reason, brought up a Jaffa Cake, which seems to be irrelevant to the discussion, as that has proven to be a cake.

Sad.
@Sonic taz would just throw the tea in the cake and eat it like a cat

THATS TEACAKE! Tongue
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's