[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Auto-ticket needs redone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well a lot of guys did this befor and I thought it was fixed, but I witnessed and reported a user for abusing this system. He/she was afk for a very extended period of time and was parked at an inconvient location auto-fining users. I watch him tally up over 1k in a few minutes time. 60 bucks a ticket and 3 tickets a minute for a slow lap(since there are no turns he is guaranteed cars).

Now how is it fair someone can sit there and accumulate money while not even at their keyboard and make that much yet I have to drive and hr to make 1k.
Auto fine (speedtrap) doesnt make the cop money.
Did not know that, but my other point still stands about penalizing members while afk. A cop can't fall asleep on the job and fine someone. Just a little bit of my 2 cents.
Speedtraps only remain active for 10 minutes, so if it's there longer, they're not really AFK
Hm.

Whilst Speedtrap's only remain active 10 minutes, cop's can do the same thing regular people do to avert the idle system and shift the car a few inches before turning it on again.

In my opinion, 10 minutes is long enough, equating to about 5-6 laps on west hill. After 10 minutes or as soon as the cop turns his speedtrap off the cop should not be allowed to put his speedtrap on for a further 10 minutes, meaning the cop can only physically have his speedtrap on for half of his stay on the server.

This way cops are discouraged from just camping and speed trapping all the time.
I don't recall how long he was doing this for, he was sitting along the side before I joined, I mentioned it out loud and someone said he was cheating the idle system. I passed him 4 times in an XRG following limits and 2 more min in an XRT following the limits. Passed him other times as well
(2012-05-06 14:00)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]A cop can't fall asleep on the job and fine someone. Just a little bit of my 2 cents.

[Image: mobiler-blitzer-auto.jpg]

They may not be allowed to fall asleep, but it is certainly possible. Furthermore most of them aren't cops just random people that done a course for 2 days. And to top it off there are even stationary ones.

[Image: blitzer-westring-kiel.jpg]
Well, drive with the speedlimits then Tongue
This isnt a race server.

You should, go elsehwere if you want to race and not get fined. This place is meant to be for cruising and essentially RPing. If you find this is unfair, then maybe you shouldnt drive at all, irl or on [TC] ?
I don't see the problem?
There's a speed camera near my house, I don't expect it to be there on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and then hop around chasing after people Remi Gaillard style for the rest of the week. It's there all the time and I always have to slow down past it.

It's called real life. Deal with it. If the cop made money for trapping I'd say 10 mins on, 10 mins off, but since he doesn't make any money for it, I couldn't give two s**ts if they stayed all there day.
Except it's not real life, it's a game. And we're a cruise server, in games, the cop's don't always win, there should be 50/50 odds to make things fair, hence I beleive cops should only be allowed to speedtrap for a total of half of there stay, by limiting it to 10 minutes speedtrapping per 20 minutes stay.
Even if you descide to speed which gives the perfect reason to be fined. you can also go and buy a radar detector.
so much about the odds...
Drive by the speed limit perhaps?
Tommer, in real life the cops don't always win too. Wink

So far, my personal win count is 2:0 (only counting proper chases with cars, I was on foot both times, go figure.)

Remove the technology from the cops and they ain't got a chance.

As for LFS, it's been this way for a long time, a very long time.

Also remember that if you wanted to be ultra realistic, as soon as a suspect evades the cops, the cops should show up on the doorstep of the registered owner of the car.
Reference URL's