[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: ANPR Activation Alert Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Small and hopefully easy suggestion.

Sometimes it can be hard to notice ANPR activations/hits when driving along. It would be cool if we had an alert sound when someone passes us with an ANPR marker just like in real life!

Let me know what you think below.

Nick
Why ? if someone hits you comes over the insim a message with complication and sorry..

I think if the message does not come the hit is so easy that it comes to no damage
(2019-04-11 08:56)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]Why ? if someone hits you comes over the insim a message with complication and sorry..

I think if the message does not come the hit is so easy that it comes to no damage

OP is only suggesting that a sound be played when a wanted user gets within a cop's ANPR tracker. If it could be toggled, I think it's a decent enough idea.

When he says "hit", I think he means "match" and not crash.
The only issue I see is that (I believe) a sound can only be played when it's sent with a message, so that means that a message will have to be sent to the COP with the bit set to play the sound—this will obviously cluster the chat a bit more but as BP said: if you can toggle it, why not?
big +1 from me mate i think with some tweeking itd be great . like real life hits on drive past Smile
OP is only suggesting that a sound be played when a wanted user gets within a cop's ANPR tracker. If it could be toggled, I think it's a decent enough idea.

When he says "hit", I think he means "match" and not crash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay I understood BP TY
Cool idea.
(2019-04-11 09:13)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]The only issue I see is that (I believe) a sound can only be played when it's sent with a message, so that means that a message will have to be sent to the COP with the bit set to play the sound—this will obviously cluster the chat a bit more but as BP said: if you can toggle it, why not?

Wasn't aware of that - maybe toggling is a good option though. Or it could literally just say *ANPR* each time the sound is played. Could it not be a user only message, sent through like a PM so not everyone in COP chat sees them all the time?
(2019-04-11 16:41)Quattro10V Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-11 09:13)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]The only issue I see is that (I believe) a sound can only be played when it's sent with a message, so that means that a message will have to be sent to the COP with the bit set to play the sound—this will obviously cluster the chat a bit more but as BP said: if you can toggle it, why not?

Wasn't aware of that - maybe toggling is a good option though. Or it could literally just say *ANPR* each time the sound is played. Could it not be a user only message, sent through like a PM so not everyone in COP chat sees them all the time?

LFS can play one of these sounds when a message is sent:
- SND_SILENT, // default
- SND_MESSAGE, // text in chat
- SND_SYSMESSAGE, // sounds when you make a pit stop (i think) / LFS message
- SND_INVALIDKEY, // when you press an invalid key
- SND_ERROR, // <-- this is what plays when a call comes in / general LFS error

So you would have to replace the relevant sound file (but one which isn't used a lot) like invalid key, but Chuck would probably use error like for calls.

Yes, it could be a user-only message.

I guess we'll see Tongue
Reference URL's