[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Question to all Cops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick survey:

Has anybody encountered the "instant lose" bug when starting or joining a chase during the last 4 months?
No. Works like a charm as far as i remember.
Iirc, it now just starts the cooldown when starting a chase from outside of the suspects trail.
(2019-04-13 07:34)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Iirc, it now just starts the cooldown when starting a chase from outside of the suspects trail.

That's what I stumbled upon but wasn't sure about the consequences.
Hm... I remember a situation right now where I was not even close to the suspect (at least not for long enough) but went from join mode to chase mode and therefore lost contact immediately. Happened while I was in Fernbay Safe Zone next to HW2 while suspect passed at HW2.

Would be interesting what happens if you stand on Fernbay Bridge East while suspect drives or stands below you.

Does the system prevent you from joining when you are on a different road (Safe zone / HW 2) or does it just care about distance in metres?
i have had it a couple of times in chase when im behind suspect about to take over chase but just !lost chase if you get me :[
I've had the same experience as Dino here, however I've never reported it since:
  • it didn't happen that much (very rare);
  • I couldn't remember how to reproduce it.
Apart from that though, that "join bug" hasn't happened to me in months now.
Pretty sure I made a thread about this a while ago but I had no constructive response.

Not sure if it's the same issue or whether it's been fixed, but here's the thread:

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...?tid=19414
I see that cops who !join a chase then leading cop loses (whilst the ones who've !join'ed are still in join), meaning 1 or 2 who are still in join also lose contact whilst one takes over the chase for example.

That's annoying, not quite related but still a bug to be squished imo
Not entirely sure if it's related to this but for as far back as I can remember, I've always had a weird display bug when I !join a chase, when probably 50% of the time (more or less), it showed the green blips whilst still in Join mode, and sometimes continue counting down, sometimes not, but stay until either I enter Chase mode, or the end of the chase (before I've changed to Chase mode).
(2019-04-13 19:44)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]Not entirely sure if it's related to this but for as far back as I can remember, I've always had a weird display bug when I !join a chase, when probably 50% of the time (more or less), it showed the green blips whilst still in Join mode, and sometimes continue counting down, sometimes not, but stay until either I enter Chase mode, or the end of the chase (before I've changed to Chase mode).

I think I know where you're coming from. If you !lost a chase which you're already about to lose, the same amount of dots will appear when you join another chase. This is just an UI issue I believe as it hasn't lost me -- BUT if they do go down, then that is a bug.
(2019-04-13 21:17)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-13 19:44)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]

I think I know where you're coming from. If you !lost a chase which you're already about to lose, the same amount of dots will appear when you join another chase. This is just an UI issue I believe as it hasn't lost me -- BUT if they do go down, then that is a bug.

Honestly, I got lost with what I was saying to the end, and tried to explain it as best I could but probably failed. I've had that issue a couple of times before I think, but what I'm referring to is when you join a chase, and seconds in they appear and start counting down. Not sure if it's due to what you've just mentioned or something irrelevant to that though.
That odd timeout display when joining should be history now.
(2019-04-13 07:18)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick survey:

Has anybody encountered the "instant lose" bug when starting or joining a chase during the last 4 months?

It happened once I think in January or February, if I recall it happened as the suspect turned into another road while insim was still listing the gps as the road before.

Then when join is timed just exactly as the insim updates location while your laser/tracker is still on the car. Then the auto lose occurs.

Or thats how I see it. Might be just a bug that happens randomly.
Reference URL's