[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Fine Display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seems like a good idea. But if you're going to color-code it instead, can it be only the number? I would hate seeing that whole thing in one color, seems like it'd get annoying as previously said.
Seems like a good idea to me. I'd prefer the implementation of the (H) (L) etc though rather then the colours.
(2011-10-20 21:41)Crazy Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a good idea. But if you're going to color-code it instead, can it be only the number? I would hate seeing that whole thing in one color, seems like it'd get annoying as previously said.

Indeed.

Ash was fined €214 for Dangerous Driving
Ash was fined €295 for Dangerous Driving
Ash was fined €354 for Dangerous Driving

Looks nicer to me Thumbup1
(2011-10-20 22:05)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-20 21:41)Crazy Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a good idea. But if you're going to color-code it instead, can it be only the number? I would hate seeing that whole thing in one color, seems like it'd get annoying as previously said.

Indeed.

Ash was fined €214 for Dangerous Driving
Ash was fined €295 for Dangerous Driving
Ash was fined €354 for Dangerous Driving

Looks nicer to me Thumbup1

Indeed Thumbup1
Thinking about it, I would like (L), (M), (H) or (Low), (Medium), (High) to appear with the fine amount. I think people who are new to TC might not understand the color is significant by itself. However, I don't see why the (L), (M), (H) shouldn't be presented in color code.
I know I definately have been a bit miffed when after a short chase, it looks like they have high fined me. This definately would clear things up.
I agree, PeePee.

I think implementing it would make some cops with poor judgment think twice before issuing an unnecessary high fine.
They are allowed to give high fines, even if the chase was fairly calm, amirite?
No, that would be overfining.
To my knowledge, it would be over-fining and therefore technically rule breaking, but probably nothing serious. However, I was thinking the fact that everyone on the server will be able to see you're copping unfairly may make people take a different approach when selecting fine. Hopefully more based on what the suspect has done exactly, not how much the cop wants someones insim money.
Well, obviously it's not good for your reputation. But I thought this system was implemented to prevent overfining, by making cops only be able to fine the max that is within the rules. Or I just misunderstood that lol.
You could be right, I know the system prevents you from seriously over-fining.

It's the fact you're presented with 3 options that makes me think you're supposed to fine according to what extent the suspect failed to abide by road laws, not just what you feel like fining them. Otherwise why not make the fine system automatic? Anyway, I've never seen anyone reported, kicked or banned for over-fining.
You probably won't be banned or kicked for overfining. You'll most likely lose your cop rights.
The current system was introduced to prevent serious overfining, like fining 1000€ for a chase which was 60 seconds long. Overfining is still possible though, just on a much smaller scale. Smile
True, your cop rights would probably be revoked instead. If anything.
As far as I am aware the system was introduced to stop serious over-fining from inexperienced cops.

Personally, I won't take any action on people who use the high-fine when it seems un-necessary. Why would we give you the option of giving a high fine if it will result in you getting into trouble?
Well I presumed the high fine is there for if the person has seriously broken a road law.

For example - the fine for causing an accident varies from 150 - 300 euros IIRC. One would think that's because an "accident" could be anything from a bump to a high speed head on collision. I would personally find it a bit selfish if a cop fined me 300 euros for bumping someone lightly. But I'd probably just make a comment, I wouldn't go about reporting it.

I know this is for "causing an accident" and not "failing to stop". But logically you would treat the high fine for anything in the same way.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's