[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Joining chases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Given most people use auto-join these days, how about all of the !joins that come in soon after requesting backup are pooled, for say, 2 seconds.

From the pool of cops that have expressed an interest in joining the chase, the nearest one to the chase is then chosen to join it.

Thoughts?
'nearest one to the chase is then chosen to join it'

Good idea
Maybe better. No more spam when full backup. xd

Or my an idea:

Start Chase at 0:45
First backup unlock at 1:00
second backup unlock at 1:30
thrid backup unlock at 2:00

Maybe?
Has been suggested several times.
Has been suggested to prohibit autojoin programs by rules.
I actually don’t think really many use such additions.
Even though more and more people whine about it in chat i think the great majority just communicate in !ch or !pm or voicechat that they will call backup or just generally observe chat a little smarter/faster... when you see xxx is chasing in chat you will most likely have a call 45 seconds later... ive been accused of using such a program quite often where i did not use anything like that.
I always felt like the nearest cop say <100 meters could get a notification on screen for 3-5 seconds to join the chase when a cop in-chase calls backup. Example, a cop chasing suspect passes a friendly COP and calls backup and that guy gets notification to join. Unlike now where you call for backup and some other guy somewhere on the other side of the map joins.
This could affect the 'fun' chases people like to have every now and then with specific players and car classes, but otherwise a nice idea.
What if when !backup is done, the first 5 sec the ones with the same car class as the suspect may join first, then the rest.

Car classes are found here http://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=manual&man=Cars
(2019-05-11 19:34)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]This could affect the 'fun' chases people like to have every now and then with specific players and car classes, but otherwise a nice idea.

This could be a potential cure to that problem if the cops/suspects arrange to bunch together before the backup call. So if priority was given to the nearest cops, you could always guarantee these specific players would be guaranteed a spot in the chase (before the !join snipers come in).
A nice idea but not something that tickles my fancy, not something I'd vote for.
(2019-05-11 22:03)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]A nice idea but not something that tickles my fancy, not something I'd vote for.

Slight contradiction aside, could you elaborate why it doesn't "tickle your fancy" for the benefit of other users viewing this thread?
I would completely remove the automatic join .. should join the one who is the fastest...

some come with automatic and are in the box .. and the chase drives past me
No, because its fun and nice to drive with siren before you have catched up with chase.
(2019-05-12 07:49)RobisLV Wrote: [ -> ]No, because its fun and nice to drive with siren before you have catched up with chase.
You could still do that if there weren't any cops around the caller. I think Cops closer to the chase (<100M for example) should have a priority.
Yeah, its annoying when chase passes you, and the cop calls for backup and then someone from other side of track doing pitstop joins it instead of you.. Also good feature for fun chases as no longer can people join with fz5s to uf1 chase when requested not to and told that the chase is for fun as the people wanting to have fun can just gather around
(2019-05-12 10:33)petsu Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, its annoying when chase passes you, and the cop calls for backup and then someone from other side of track doing pitstop joins it instead of you.. Also good feature for fun chases as no longer can people join with fz5s to uf1 chase when requested not to and told that the chase is for fun as the people wanting to have fun can just gather around

That thing of the nearest joins would affect the roadblocks like, when you call a roadblock and then who accepts to do the roadblock gets in the chase....
i dont know if you guys understand but yeah
Only if the guy doing the roadblock does !join Smile
(2019-05-12 07:49)RobisLV Wrote: [ -> ]No, because its fun and nice to drive with siren before you have catched up with chase.

This would still be possible. From a realism perspective too, it makes sense (in most cases) for those who are nearest to the chase to be the ones that join it.
(2019-05-12 06:32)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-11 22:03)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]A nice idea but not something that tickles my fancy, not something I'd vote for.

Slight contradiction aside, could you elaborate why it doesn't "tickle your fancy" for the benefit of other users viewing this thread?

I'm simply not a fan of the idea that people should have priority over others, and it's the case here. Possibly just me being stubborn about it but that's my opinion on it.
(2019-05-12 16:47)DJmad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-12 06:32)BP Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm simply not a fan of the idea that people should have priority over others, and it's the case here. Possibly just me being stubborn about it but that's my opinion on it.

so its not a nice idea then?
I like the idea,

Maybe add the nearest cop receive the call, after several seconds of not responding it will be converted to a global call?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's