[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [Blackwood] Chicane Pitstops change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I added a few small barriers to force vehicles to slow down to avoid vehicles plowing through this zone as a shortcut.

-ACTUAL ENTRANCE/EXIT-
[Image: Q2oxDGi.jpg]
[Image: abJMyUc.jpg]
-AFTER-
[Image: PspSpQM.jpg]
[Image: VClqQ8q.jpg]
-OPTIONAL- (one more small barrier on the entrance/exit coming from Hw1)
[Image: EqzAfty.jpg]
[Image: 9EPdLY2.jpg]

JuxtaposeJS (Actual and After):
Front: https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose...daf8f81e27
Rear: https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose...daf8f81e27
The ramp causes suspension damage to anyone passing at speed.

[Image: lfs-00000010.jpg]

[Image: lfs-00000011.jpg]
(2019-06-21 05:24)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]The ramp causes suspension damage to anyone passing at speed.

[Image: lfs-00000010.jpg]

[Image: lfs-00000011.jpg]

That would be a simple and nice one to have, but RB4 tankers will live in paradise

other than the accidents that will happen
[Image: 6ETNCYp.jpg]

Does anybody else see the flaw in this ? Wink
= Epic Replay part 61 Biggrin
I could try to make something, if you guys want to see it, just addition if 2 walls basically
lol.

= Meme

that will decline sir.
see ya.
btw im not sure but in the OP images its all the same for before and after, im still confused apart from the second post with the mini kicker ramp lol
(2019-06-22 03:59)AOR Nova Wrote: [ -> ]btw im not sure but in the OP images its all the same for before and after, im still confused apart from the second post with the mini kicker ramp lol

At plain view the change is not really noticeable, so I attached two juxtaposed links so it's a larger size and the change can be seen easier.

Dunno where that ramp thing came from lol
Ah, I see your wall implementation now

I didn't save the BL layout as it is on server now so i cannot do the small change, but basically my change was to turn each exit of the "chicane pit stop" goes something like this -* ignore the on-track stuff, I can't recreate those

[Image: 857d202856dddf122088d138c4f4a048.png]

[Image: 54a2523b8ef7b66a34b4529eb93eff78.png]

[Image: 586639079ac72fbfbc4b82802790b8ad.png]

Little aesthetic touches here and there, but the root of the design is a simple two-way design that is wide enough for two cars and won't get people stuck if someone is wedged in it. Also has just enough overlap to slow people way down, and the pit boxes are now out of the way of traffic flow with the open roundabout design inside the pit area.
Nova's edit is the best. Maybe a little different pit box positions
Novas edit please, it looks really good and cutting through it is impossible for speed gains
I like Nova's work, it's clear, visually pleasing and, as Petsu said, no speed gain (no chaos).
The thing I disliked about those designs is that it requires some effort to get in and out, I'd rather have some speed limited area than having to cut through those tight corners, it's a clean design though, nice work Nova!
(2019-06-22 19:05)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]The thing I disliked about those designs is that it requires some effort to get in and out, I'd rather have some speed limited area than having to cut through those tight corners, it's a clean design though, nice work Nova!

Imo not really mate, same turning action as the current iteration on server, in theory if there is no car oncoming you can go over the center line. Either way it still works slowing cars down, the angle is more acute and if they tried to fly through there the cars will just slide like soap on the grass - makes it more economical to run the normal track route Smile
Reference URL's