[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: + Admin was being unreasonable (Unban Request Granted by Kyle)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: Pandaiceberg

● Time & Date of Incident: 2019-06-21 18:42

● Replay / Screenshot Link: n/a
● Replay Timestamps: n/a (I'm sorry I don't have any replays or timestamps)

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:

I've just received a temporary ban from an admin that I believe was being unreasonable. I understand the rule with owning up that this is my account and it doesn't matter that my friend was playing. I'm completely fine with this rule. Once I noticed the admin in the chat I immediately told my friend to stop so I could reply. He's playing in VR so it's not exactly easy for me to notice the chat when he's playing.

At the beginning it was fine. I asked what happened and he told me the problem and I told my friend what he did. I use a wheel rig and my friend doesn't know all my bindings so he wasn't able to start his car and move in time to move for a chase that was happening. He's not tech savvy and he's got a VR headset on playing a racing sim. Again that's on me and I let my friend know what he did so won't do it again. But please cut him some slack. Nothing about what he did was malicious. Just ignorance.

My main issue with this admin was that after the admin told me everything and I told him that I got it and I told him that I let my friend know what he did wrong. Everything was done as far as I knew but then the admin decided to have what I felt was a power trip by publicly tagging my name and saying "Understand?" about 30 seconds later to me like I was a child. I told him to chill and that I already told him I understood and that my friend knew and that I was done with the conversation. This resulted in an immediate ban.

I'm not exactly a veteran to this server but I'm definitely not new to it either. When I was learning and first joined this server I never encountered somebody acting like this. They'd let me know the issue and we'd move on if I ever did anything. I'd then never have that issue again. But as I stated I definitely feel like whoever banned me was 100% unreasonable about this situation.

The literal reason for me being banned was "Learn to respect the admins" and they literally JUST added two more days to my ban as I was typing this. I wasn't being disrespectful to this person. I was just asking them to have a little respect for somebody who is new like everybody else has been in the past. This wasn't even a case of him not knowing the rules. I taught him to stay on the left and to stay out of the way of chases and sirens. He just killed his car and didn't know how to restart the car.

If the ban stands I understand there is nothing I can do but I'm just asking to please be reasonable. I've shown nothing but respect to everybody on this server from day one.

Also just to play it safe from now on my friend isn't allowed to play on this server again. I'll let him play in single player if he wants but this server is off limits and that's a promise on my part.
Hi, there's a post format to be followed for this section.

If you can update your post to follow this format, I'll be happy to forward this request to the admin that banned you.

Incorrect Post Format

You have not followed the required format for new threads made within this area. Please edit your post so it uses the correct format. You can edit your original post by clicking the edit button ([Image: 2LJt182.png]) which is directly underneath your post. Please do not make a new thread for this particular case.

You can find templates to each thread using the following links:

User Report - Unban Request - Unban Appeal - Cop Rights Revocation Appeal - Bug Reporting - Refund Request
Sorry about that. Please give me a few minutes to fix that.
The administrator who originally issued your ban has been notified
Please be patient whilst this request is reviewed.
I have acknowledged your request
Please be patient during this review, I will reply in due course.

I asked you if you understood what we talked about, since you never explicitly said you did. I only banned you because you didn't want to talk to me anymore.
Chatlog (Bottom to Top) Wrote:2019-06-21 18:42:11 UTC One (Sydney) pandaiceberg pandaiceberg : we're done
2019-06-21 18:42:09 UTC One (Sydney) pandaiceberg pandaiceberg : he's sorry
2019-06-21 18:42:07 UTC One (Sydney) pandaiceberg pandaiceberg : i'm teaching him.
2019-06-21 18:42:01 UTC One (Sydney) pandaiceberg pandaiceberg : chill out with the power trip dude.
2019-06-21 18:41:57 UTC One (Sydney) pandaiceberg pandaiceberg : lol

If you read and reply that you understand the following bits of information, I will quite happy un-ban you immediately and let you play again:
  • Your Account, Your Responsibility (in full)
    As you've said, you will keep your accounts off-limits for anyone else. I understand this, but please read our policy in full just to double check this;
  • you agree to co-operate with the admins, and wait until they are finished.
-Kyle
After reading the specific logs I actually apologize because that does come off as snarky. I'm honestly sorry for that and I'll be more cooperative if an issue occurs again. I'll make sure to wait for confirmation as well before continuing.

I also definitely understand the account policy and I'll be sure to be the only person playing on this server with this account.
It's cool dude, we all have our moments. I'll get you unbanned shortly - this will be updated when it happens.
Thanks for hearing me out and sorry again. Looking forward to getting back on later. I'll wait until my friend heads out.
All good to come on now.

Unban Request Granted
Your account will be unbanned shortly. Please ensure you read our rules prior to your return to our servers.
Reference URL's