[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: try your luck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi.
as the header say. try your luck?

as the risk system in stealing.

this could be the "chance system".

what it does is simply to pursuade cops to lower fines.
or "giving you the chance" to do so.(pop up menu(pay fine) )

heres how i imagine it could work.

you earn chance points by completing distance bonusses.
(a little extra for your efforts).

the "chance" points can be used if stopped by cops by having a menu asking you to try and pursuade the cop(s) into giving you a lower fine.

the more "chance" points you got. the lower you can get fined by choosing so in menu option.
this could infact go to be a fullblown "Bribe" aswell if you got points enough for it. so you bribe the police to not fine you at all!

(your status could then be changed from "Civillian" into "DIPLOMAT",as you talked your way through "bribing" a COP).
which again could create "diplomatic" parking spaces on track(no one can rob you and youre safe from crashers in that area.
as they most likely havent earned enough points to even enter that area(DIPLOMAT)Only(boxed in small space maybe)
(just a spontanious unthought through idea)

i think thats pretty much it.
this would bring somthing useful into doing distances as you also gain something useful for normal road driving and relaxing. money is good. but not eveything. this would counter act for that part. so its not ONLY money you get from it. but something useful aswell is what i mean here.
Quote:so you bribe the police to not fine you at all!

Gives cop 100 Euro to avoid 30 Euro fine

I'm not a fan of the idea tbh. It just doesn't seem necessary or useful at all
(2019-08-05 09:44)BP Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:so you bribe the police to not fine you at all!

Gives cop 100 Euro to avoid 30 Euro fine

[Image: tenor.png]

I'm not a fan of the idea tbh. It just doesn't seem necessary or useful at all

or maybe the other way around. cop fines you 100 you bribe with 30.
is more like i mean it.

maybe 1000 grants you no fines at all for a period of time if paid to the first cop you get stopped by.could be like 2 hours or something.then you sort of also "bribed" the time frame to double the amount paid(from 1 hour=1000 to 2 hours=1000Euro´s).(sort of)

"in combination with other suggestions it could work"
Might be worth adding a poll to the OP like you did with your other suggestions
I could add it myself, but you seem to edit your posts a lot and I wouldn't want to overwrite anything.
(2019-08-05 10:18)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Might be worth adding a poll to the OP like you did with your other suggestions
I could add it myself, but you seem to edit your posts a lot and I wouldn't want to overwrite anything.

can do that. i simply forgot. due to edits, lol Smile

oh and also i found this that actually could relate to some of my suggestions today

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid270696
What made you wake up today and want to post the three worst suggestions seen on this forum in recent times?
(2019-08-05 10:10)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]or maybe the other way around. cop fines you 100 you bribe with 30.
is more like i mean it

Why would somebody pay 30 euros after paying their fine of 100 euros? You bribe to avoid, not to incur further expenses which aren't due.
The idea of being awarded points for distance driving or rather safe driving over time is nice, but tbh this system would probably be more suited to a NPC type of environment.

Bribing cops is still possible and you can always try and get away with just a warning if you're nice to them.

Your other suggestions, which you have admitted to be random and not thought through properly, could probably do with being left out of the thread.
(2019-08-05 18:15)Tingle Wrote: [ -> ]What made you wake up today and want to post the three worst suggestions seen on this forum in recent times?

the fact that Albert Einstein once said, Qoute:
Those who never try new things, never learn anything new -:.
End qoute !

i knew some one would comment like you just did.

so what made you come up with a pointless comment which just happened to also be very much off topic, i might ask the other way?

since you obviously didnt get the full picture of the suggestions. may i suggest you re read it ?

because EVERYTHING (almost) gets instantly discarded whenever people suggest new things.
we seen that for years in LFS. also people commenting on the things off topic like yourself here.

when i suggested lightbeams to headlights. i was the fool of the year right? but that actually lead to we now get night/day cycles.
so perhaps your perception of my suggestion is negative. but it doesnt make it a bad suggestion . a suggestion is what a suggestion is. its not made and not planned. so going insta negative on ideas. is really what Einstein meant. did you learn something new today?

(2019-08-05 18:35)Sonic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-05 10:10)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]or maybe the other way around. cop fines you 100 you bribe with 30.
is more like i mean it

Why would somebody pay 30 euros after paying their fine of 100 euros? You bribe to avoid, not to incur further expenses which aren't due.
thats not what i meant. when you get the fine pop up. you got some points earned from "chance". then you can use these "chance" points to "bribe" the cops. so when it pops up you see a message like :
example
Pay fine 300Euro.
but below that you get a second option (only visible if you have any points)
so you can choose how many points you wanna spend on a bribe, and it retract that from the payment. meaning points have value in the money system. say one point forexample could be 10 euros or something like that. (that can always be discussed in details)

(2019-08-05 18:43)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of being awarded points for distance driving or rather safe driving over time is nice, but tbh this system would probably be more suited to a NPC type of environment.

Bribing cops is still possible and you can always try and get away with just a warning if you're nice to them.

Your other suggestions, which you have admitted to be random and not thought through properly, could probably do with being left out of the thread.

well the 3 suggestions is somewhat connected to a whole.
could work independently aswell. but it is thought to have all 3 elements combined to amke the whole idea. one that could be left out is the actual server. but i think it would be too much hassle making it into the existing insim perhaps? but also see oppertunity for TC to try out new things on a less populated server (see how it goes)(and i spoke to chuck about something i might consider if that comes to be).

i am also aware not ALL elements of these suggestions is even possible or too hard to make or wouldnt work infact. to me suggestions is sharing ideas,and is not really negative. thats how i see it. but i also see a massive wall of people trying to rule out anything new.

i see you come with some constructive answer/feedback, and thank you for that. more people should do so than just.. well read above..

im aware you can always run from cops and such. but if your status change that also brings new possibilities as you would be able to group people making different insim for those entering those groups ?
forexample during Gumball.
everyone could have the status : Gumballer .
if you Rob enough ,status goes to : ROBBER
if youre a cop status is : COP
Med : MED
etc...

it could open up a whole pandoras box if specified independently while having these statusses.
meds can use ramps etc.
cops sirens etc..
robbers get nothing.
distance drivers gets nothing.
i tink it would fair things up a bit in the long run.
making it more equal terms no matter what side of the law youre on.
(remember its ONLY a suggestion)(picking with some nervethreads there i think). Smile
(2019-08-05 18:43)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of being awarded points for distance driving or rather safe driving over time is nice, but tbh this system would probably be more suited to a NPC type of environment.

well the 3 suggestions is somewhat connected to a whole.
could work independently aswell. but it is thought to have all 3 elements combined to amke the whole idea. one that could be left out is the actual server. but i think it would be too much hassle making it into the existing insim perhaps? but also see oppertunity for TC to try out new things on a less populated server (see how it goes)(and i spoke to chuck about something i might consider if that comes to be).

i am also aware not ALL elements of these suggestions is even possible or too hard to make or wouldnt work infact. to me suggestions is sharing ideas,and is not really negative. thats how i see it. but i also see a massive wall of people trying to rule out anything new.

i see you come with some constructive answer/feedback, and thank you for that. more people should do so than just.. well read above..

im aware you can always run from cops and such. but if your status change that also brings new possibilities as you would be able to group people making different insim for those entering those groups ?
forexample during Gumball.
everyone could have the status : Gumballer .
if you Rob enough ,status goes to : ROBBER
if youre a cop status is : COP
Med : MED
etc...

it could open up a whole pandoras box if specified independently while having these statusses.
meds can use ramps etc.
cops sirens etc..
robbers get nothing.
distance drivers gets nothing.
i tink it would fair things up a bit in the long run.
making it more equal terms no matter what side of the law youre on.
(remember its ONLY a suggestion)(picking with some nervethreads there i think). Smile
I mean fines aren't that big tbh that you would need some complex bribe system. If you going to drive long distances within limits you already gonna gain a lot of money. And i don't think that it's fair to COP's that you could just use some "cheat points" and they get nothing. This would definitely cause a lot of negativity similarly like the old speedtrap did because it took cash from the COP's.
(2019-08-06 10:11)SIMOX Wrote: [ -> ]I mean fines aren't that big tbh that you would need some complex bribe system. If you going to drive long distances within limits you already gonna gain a lot of money. And i don't think that it's fair to COP's that you could just use some "cheat points" and they get nothing. This would definitely cause a lot of negativity similarly like the old speedtrap did because it took cash from the COP's.

Well said.
Just join a team like [ ok ] or something, I've almost never seen an [ OK ] Member fining another [ OK ] or SO < - > SO... and such.
(2019-08-06 13:01)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]Just join a team like [ ok ] or something, I've almost never seen an [ OK ] Member fining another [ OK ] or SO < - > SO... and such.

It works like that with any group of friends. No need to point out something that you might lack.
Can we have an option saying 'Just no'?
Yes 1
No 25

gg sir
Reference URL's