[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [Forum Suggestion] Last post coloured names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody,

At the moment, the last post of the forum is shown in no colour, which in my opinion is a little bit dull. At current, it looks like this:

In my opinion, it should look like this:

I think this is very much possible.

~ BP
I doubt the forum allows it, otherwise it already would (probably).

Personally, I think I'd prefer the current way, looks neater.
(2012-05-13 17:01)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt the forum allows it, otherwise it already would (probably).

Well, I've seen it on another forum which is also MyBB, but it might be something to do with the themes. Although if it is something to do with the themes, there must be some sort of plugin for it.

(2012-05-13 17:01)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I think I'd prefer the current way, looks neater.

It doesn't really look that untidy if you actually see it, but it does look very messy on the screenshot I uploaded for obvious reasons.
I agree with Josh here that the forum might not allow it..
(2012-05-13 17:06)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Josh here that the forum might not allow it..

Okay, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it (plus, I do think it is possible)

What do you think of the idea itself?
The idea is good, I've been thinking of it aswell but thought it's not possible.
Looks perfect the way it is.
Good idea, but what are you gonna do to us who isn't in a group and doesn't have a color?
Nice but it makes other people look more important and politi...

Oh wait, lets go ahead and do it!
Just spent some time looking through the admin CP and there's no option to allow that feature. It'd have to be coded manually.
Having them display as they are already gives a sense of consistency, which is better in my opinion.
Really doesnt bother me either way.
(2012-05-14 11:37)Adam Wrote: [ -> ]Really doesnt bother me either way.

I agree
(2012-05-13 22:19)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]Just spent some time looking through the admin CP and there's no option to allow that feature. It'd have to be coded manually.

Well, what I've suggested isn't that important really, I thought it was easier than what you say (my naivety I guess) but since it sounds like more effort than it's potentially worth, then nevermind really.

It was only a thought, and you probably have more serious matters to be dealing with. Tongue
I wonder how much coding it needs, I could use this on RDSR forums Tongue
(2012-05-14 13:11)bullet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-14 11:37)Adam Wrote: [ -> ]Really doesnt bother me either way.

I agree
Took 2 seconds to find:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/username-style

Ash
(2012-05-14 18:00)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Took 2 seconds to find:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/username-style

Ash

Good find Thumbup1

I suggest putting it on a trial run for quite a few days to see how it actually is, and we could revert back to its default if it's not that great (but I think it does look good.)
I'm not too keen on the idea, I think it would take the consistancy of the colour scheme away, but that's my opinion Smile
Put it on for 2 weeks and if people dont like it, keep rotating it anyway Wink

trololololol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's