[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Ability for a [COP] to warn a player for speeding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I don't usually come up with ideas very often, so i'll keep this short and sweet.

I have noticed that when I get lasered for speeding by a COP and then warned for it, the wanted status does not go away, so if there was another COP up the road with an ANPR camera, they could fine me.

My suggestion is the ability for a COP to "warn" a player for speeding via the fine UI, and then it removes that wanted level so that the player cannot get fined by other COPs. The warn function would only be valid for speeding fines, not theft fines.

Thanks!
Charlie

Also: Added a simple Yes/No poll. Feel free to reply with feedback.
Voted for yes since it seems to be a decently simple and logical idea.

To add, I think it would also be nice if the other COPs could somehow see if the player has recently been warned, perhaps similar to how they can see other COPs' !laser readings, although I'm not entirely sure about how long of a time frame would be appropriate.
(2019-08-16 16:32)Gaz Wrote: [ -> ]To add, I think it would also be nice if the other COPs could somehow see if the player has recently been warned, perhaps similar to how they can see other COPs' !laser readings, although I'm not entirely sure about how long of a time frame would be appropriate.

I like that idea!, maybe for the past 10 minutes of driving?
I like the idea of being able to ‘give’ a warning rather than just typing !lost - especially in the situation you’ve described.

I also like the idea of seeing recent warnings/fines for suspects.
I like the idea. To add to it, it would generally just be nice to be able to issue warnings to any type of fine and then the next cop pulling you over would see the most recent warning and choose to fine instead if they so wish, or they could even just issue a warning again, that would just overwrite the first one.
This is nice, i always wanted the function to use yellow laser for warning. Usually players goof around 174kph in a 160kph zone to pull away then fly off.

I agree with showing 10 minutes warning, but not a visual star to the suspect, basically the COP can see the past 10 minute warned laser to judge whether he should fine or not, and thats inside the fine list insim interface Smile
I see your point and I like that idea, however that would be very easy to abuse. Just imagine you got clocked, but you don't want to get fined, so your teammate/friend cop chases you just to warn you and erase your laser. That's exactly the reason why laser is removed after you got fined and not after you got chased.
I voted Yes in the poll.
This suggestion would make a good addition to the copping experience.

(2019-08-16 17:42)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]I see your point and I like that idea, however that would be very easy to abuse. Just imagine you got clocked, but you don't want to get fined, so your teammate/friend cop chases you just to warn you and erase your laser. That's exactly the reason why laser is removed after you got fined and not after you got chased.

If this happens often and by the same people over and over again, it should be easy to spot a pattern forming, which can be investigated and punished as insim abuse?
I like the idea as a whole, perhaps to add onto it, if we could have a written command to go with the warn function, should it be added. Something like !warn, or !warn speeding maybe, if warning for multiple offences is made possible. I know written commands are my goto when it comes to choosing between written or clickable.

(2019-08-16 17:42)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]I see your point and I like that idea, however that would be very easy to abuse. Just imagine you got clocked, but you don't want to get fined, so your teammate/friend cop chases you just to warn you and erase your laser. That's exactly the reason why laser is removed after you got fined and not after you got chased.

As far as I'm aware, 1.10. would be the go-to rule for this, same with leaving to avoid paying to pit outside a safezone, which the only way (to my knowledge) to combat that is being eagle-eyed about it. Maybe since this will be an active function, there could be a select amount of warnings per person, the same cop could give. Like maybe 3 every 10 minutes from the initial warning, even then it seems like 3 might be a little much for 10 minutes, although should the function be added, maybe after time it could be worn in and adjusted for the better.
Yes sounds good if and only if subsequent speeding within X minutes of being given a warning is followed up by a fine that is Y% extra than it would have been otherwise.
This is a good idea,

if implemented other cops that pull the driver over for the same or other reasons should be able to see the driver has had a prior warning/s, as josh said

This can be solved (if the rule 1.10 Djmad said doesn't apply), perhaps have the warning stay for 5 or 10 minutes, and within that buffer if the driver gets lasered a yellow again the cop can fine him/her. Would have to refine the fine amount if this gets accepted, but probably the minimum speeding fine awardable will be given.
Reference URL's